Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Three Way Trailer

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Last edited:
looks behind the times. :|
don't care much but still.

behind the times? I have no idea what that means in relation to that video. Are you talking about the graphics, gameplay or what?

Still the highlighting in vents, ladders and doors.
It seems that its range is 5m. Maybe, at least, it can be tweak down.

Did he shoot that guy in the crotch?

Picking up the turret, firing with it, and then throwing it at an enemy certainly is "adaptive". I like that new twist.

But none of the approaches are pure non-combat stealth. Too bad.

Last edited:
I'm not impressed.

Same here.

Automatic vents open for intruders.

Some smart person installed a turret in the middle of a walkway. Guess they couldn't splurge for a ceiling mounted one. Oh wait, the devs wanted you to walk around with it and you can't reach it any other way. Doh!

A bunch of crap chat.

Graphics ~2008-2009ish perhaps.

I'm going to say the metacritic rating for this will be in the 70s or lower. That's my prediction. Its looking like another Alpha Protocol. Its worth a $5-7.50 steam purchase to me now.

I don't understand how the graphics are bad. They look great and the only complaint I have is the highlighting of things. The stealth walkthrough is pretty much a proper stealth go through. Maybe if you tried harder you could get past without taking any of the enemies down but normally stealth is for getting through without notice and not necessarily without taking the enemies down.

PS. It looks like the turret probably has a remote that could be used by building personnel to move it around but obviously you don't have access to the remote.

PPS. They obviously cut things like the opening of the vents from the video and even if there is a non-combat stealth way of going through they couldn't have done it with the entire time the video ran because it would take much longer even with cutting it up.

Looks fairly good to me. The graphics are OK but I expect this was made with the XBox version so the PC version could look a lot better.

Dont understand the bad vibe by some.
Graphics are looking more then ok to me and those are not even that important.
Gameplay is more then ok and that seems fine by me for a RPG-shooter.

Actually looking forward to this title.

Dont understand the bad vibe by some.
Graphics are looking more then ok to me and those are not even that important.
Gameplay is more then ok and that seems fine by me for a RPG-shooter.

Actually looking forward to this title.

Glad I'm not the only one that was going WTF are people complaing about??? It looks great to me. Even with my low standards for graphics I still thought the graphics were excellent. Not sure what people want. Maybe they aren't happy unless they can see each individual pore on a characters body.

Gameplay wise it looks good, but with one reservation. Those yellow outlines around objects. They're annoying, but I can live with that if there is no way to disable it.

I just don't get why devs think they have to handhold their audience. In any game you figure out pretty fast what you can and can't use. I don't need the dang thing to glow to tell me that.

I don't understand how the graphics are bad. They look great and the only complaint I have is the highlighting of things. The stealth walkthrough is pretty much a proper stealth go through. Maybe if you tried harder you could get past without taking any of the enemies down but normally stealth is for getting through without notice and not necessarily without taking the enemies down.

PS. It looks like the turret probably has a remote that could be used by building personnel to move it around but obviously you don't have access to the remote.

PPS. They obviously cut things like the opening of the vents from the video and even if there is a non-combat stealth way of going through they couldn't have done it with the entire time the video ran because it would take much longer even with cutting it up.

It does seem you manually "use" the vent cover and it goes up on the hinges. The sarif exterior video shows this for a brief moment.

As far as the graphics, they remind me of Alpha Protocol to an extent - just slightly better. While not bad its far from good and great.

In all of the videos they appear to be using older techniques. Not doing anything new but making it to be a been there played that game.

So yes I don't like what I see and that drops the price willing to be paid. It'll be fun at a lower price just as AlphaP was despite the bad reviews and design problems.

The game doesn't seem to be all that different from Alpha Protocol to me, but does seem to be getting a lot more attention. It will be interesting to see if it can avoid the pitfalls that caused most reviewers/gamers to dislike AP.

I personally liked Alpha Protocol, but I'm not yet sold on this game. I'll be watching and waiting on this one.

Same can be said of old.

No, you can't say the same thing. Old has already proven itself. New just for the sake of being new has not proven anything other than it is new.

I scour the net for any new "old" game like Geneforge, Avadon, Underworld, Frayed Knights, AOD, Dead State and the list just keeps growing.

There must be a market for these "old" games because more and more indies are popping up.

I also find the negativity odd.

The only thing that I worry about is that it might end up giving you a very 'rigid' option of strictly predefined paths.
Like if it gives me the option to either go that way pick that gun and be aggressive, go this way through this vent and be stealthy or put a neon sight over a turret that would inform me that I can use it to shoot these guys and throw it on that guy, instead of making more 'dynamic' maps in which I can use the environment and any available item in a 'creative' way.
What worries me is the fact that in the stealthy approach the pc actually comments on the way he got in, which tells me that he did follow a predefined path.

Apart from that little comment though I haven't seen anything that reinforces my worries.
Also, I don't mind the highlight that much. I don't mind not having to search around in dark corners as long as I can be creative with what I find.

Back
Top Bottom