ELEX 2 - Announced for 2020?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Piranha Bytes has indirectly announced ELEX 2 for 2020:

We at Piranha Bytes are currently working high motivated with the entire team on a new RPG. At the moment we are focused on our own work, because we develop RPGs with passion and are looking forward to show you our own game. The announcement is scheduled for 2020!

We are not involved in the development of the Gothic Remake. The developers of the remake are THQ Nordic Barcelona. Since the studio asks for fan participation and feedback, you can check out the early prototype here (if you already have a PB game on Steam):
-> Gothic Remake at Steam
-> You can then give your detailed feedback here.
If you send your wishes and expectations for the Gothic Remake to the developers, so that they can take it into account, you can end up with two RPGs that you can look forward to.
Of course, we will continue to announce news about our own projects on our social media pages.

More information.

Wasn't just them THQ'S Barcelona leaked it also.
Q: Is Piranha Bytes involved in the project?
A: No! Piranha Bytes is working hard on a different project, which will be announced in 2020.
Most of should know this already given past links & news.

Anyway as I said on another thread it just wasn't officially announced yet. As of right now we still have no website, trailer, or press release from THQ yet.

well, if the game is not from PB, I want to see more first before jumping.

But I think there is a long stretch between "we are working at whatever" and that whatever being ELEX 2.

could be a new IP or even Risen 4 even if they said time ago they would not make it, now the studio have a new boss with THQ

Well given the way Elex ended I'm sure the unannounced project is more then likely the sequel. Also let me state based on past interviews PB is done with Gothic and Risen.

On the plus side I wouldn't mind a new IP but I doubt it.

There was an announcement that the publisher decided to fund elex 2 based on elex sales number. It was in an earnings report I think but not 100% sure that is accurate.

I put a ton of hours into Elex, perhaps as many as 40 or 50 hours. But I just stopped playing it at one point. I really wanted to like it more, but I'm just not a Sci-Fi guy. I just love fantasy settings too much.

Well the beauty of Elex is it combined three different settings.

1. Vikings
2. Modern Day
3. Future Tech

So it had fantasy and Sc-Fi mixed together.

I put a ton of hours into Elex, perhaps as many as 40 or 50 hours. But I just stopped playing it at one point. I really wanted to like it more, but I'm just not a Sci-Fi guy. I just love fantasy settings too much.

It's more Post-apocalyptic than Sci-fi. I thought the setting was great, but I happen to be a huge fan of Post-apoc. I also thought it was their best game world, exploration-wise, since Gothic 2 +NotR.

An announcement for an announcement. Ironic since we often joke about things like this.

I thought they announced that they would make an announcement about the announcement a few months back?

Don't you love announcements that announce there will be an announcement of an announcement that will tell you when the next announcement of an announcement will occur ?

The techno vikings made hard for me to like it right from the start.
The game is not bad, but the story did not grip me. Exploration in the game is ace, though.

Elex is the best RPG PB made since Gothic 2 IMHO. I put 120 hours into the game and explored every nook and cranny of it. I hope the sequel will arrive ij 2020. As for Gothic Remake, PB should definitely involve in it with the consultant role at least.

Not really.
They indirectly announced the announcement for 2020. When ELEX 2 will actually come out is completely open.

Could be 2020, though. It is not unrealistic.
This is my interpretation as well: Whatever PB is working on will be announced in 2020, but the actual release date is still unknown.

Elex is the best RPG PB made since Gothic 2 IMHO. I put 120 hours into the game and explored every nook and cranny of it. I hope the sequel will arrive ij 2020. As for Gothic Remake, PB should definitely involve in it with the consultant role at least.

That was the info I was looking for. I think Gothic 2 is absolute trash, so probably Elex, which never vibed with me is total trash too.

Their best games are Gothic 1, Gothic 3 for the amazing landscape graphics watching the wolf hordes run in the distance and Risen 2. IMO

That was the info I was looking for. I think Gothic 2 is absolute trash, so probably Elex, which never vibed with me is total trash too.

Their best games are Gothic 1, Gothic 3 for the amazing landscape graphics watching the wolf hordes run in the distance and Risen 2. IMO

No.

IMO

Back
Top Bottom