Battle Brothers - A Prophecy Fulfilled

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Battle Brothers may soon have another expansion according to the latest blog post.

A Prophecy Fulfilled
0da42bf2081d1ac793f88833b5e10173b74ff4fd.jpg

Where the sun reigns eternal, burned to cinders and reborn from ash, fire shall lead the way once again.

6e9bbc8a640d711642469460c34f4fb643a32d97.jpg

Read all about it in next week's announcement!
More information.

I adore this game and any expansion (and any new supporter packs) will be a day one purchase for me. I can’t say I’m a fan of the announcement of an announcement strategy. I guess I can see the merits of doing that for big budget or highly anticipated games to build hype. But for a niche title, with what I assume is a small but devoted fan base, it seems odd and kinda annoying (at least to me). I would have much preferred that they had dispensed with the fanfare and just made the full announcement when they were ready.

They have scenarios but I don't think there will ever be a campaign. Which is the way I want it. Only game I have ever cared about Steam achievements. I need four more. Have 85 out of the 89 at 1500 hours played.

Can't wait to see what this DLC will add tomorrow.

They have scenarios but I don't think there will ever be a campaign. Which is the way I want it. Only game I have ever cared about Steam achievements. I need four more. Have 85 out of the 89 at 1500 hours played.

Can't wait to see what this DLC will add tomorrow.

I saw it, you got a few this week.
Well done

I could see them having a naval combat extension with boarding parties and coastal raids.

That would actually fit in quite well with the current base game, in my opinion. It also would, quite likely, add a lot more overall content as well as even more replay ability.

If I decide to play through it again I might decide to turn off the big events. They sounded really cool in theory, but in both my runs I stopped playing during them, because in practice I found things like defending a city against many waves of enemies to be more annoying than fun.

If I decide to play through it again I might decide to turn off the big events. They sounded really cool in theory, but in both my runs I stopped playing during them, because in practice I found things like defending a city against many waves of enemies to be more annoying than fun.

Play the noble war first. You can do that end crisis at your own pace. I always start with that one. I usually do longer campaigns where I finish all three of the events.

I saw it, you got a few this week.
Well done

Yeah I played the cultist background just to get the prophet achievement. I didn't think I would like the cultist background but it was a real fun campaign. I don't usually like playing religious zealots but it's fun to try different play styles.

I really should give this game another try. I bought in and played for a couple of hours last year but it didn't really draw me in so I got sidetracked by something else. Is it more fun with the expansions or is it a better idea to spend more time with base game first? Is it a lot more fun to go full Ironman or is it viable to reload when things go really to hell?

TomRon, I would not do Ironman till you get to know the game mechanics. There can be really bad luck in the game at times. There are always times when you will want to reload. I have played Ironman and normal mode and I enjoy normal more.

I think the expansions add a lot. The company origins make it more of a crpg. The expansions just add more of everything on top of the origins.

Having said that, if you don't like the base game, I don't think the expansions will change your mind.

One way to do is to launch BB and a stream of BB being played. This kind of products works well with peer pressure applying. Watching a streamer streaming it helps to play it.

TomRon, I would not do Ironman till you get to know the game mechanics. There can be really bad luck in the game at times. There are always times when you will want to reload. I have played Ironman and normal mode and I enjoy normal more.

I think the expansions add a lot. The company origins make it more of a crpg. The expansions just add more of everything on top of the origins.

Having said that, if you don't like the base game, I don't think the expansions will change your mind.

Well, I did like it. I just didn't love it, but have a feeling I probably could if I gave it a bit more time. Will check out the expansions and perhaps give it a second try.

One way to do is to launch BB and a stream of BB being played. This kind of products works well with peer pressure applying. Watching a streamer streaming it helps to play it.

Do people actually do that? Play a game and watch it at the same time? Huh. I'm fine with reading beginner tips to games I'm unfamiliar with, but I try to avoid looking up "the best builds" and late game advice until I've played enough to actually take part in the discussion.

While the developers are busy hammering away on their new RPG, which will finaly have characters with FCKN legs, they realized their Cash Cow is still their old game. :D

Do people actually do that? Play a game and watch it at the same time? Huh. I'm fine with reading beginner tips to games I'm unfamiliar with, but I try to avoid looking up "the best builds" and late game advice until I've played enough to actually take part in the discussion.

I do sometimes, but mostly to see their start and understand the game (especially if the tutorial is lacking). Once I'm into a game I tend to continue watching at a snail's pace just whilst eating something or to relax, but I tend to finish and then never watch again.

They do not watch to get tips or learn how to play, they watch to get motivated to play and to fill a hole.

These vid products no longer fit the old depiction video games being absorbing to the point the world outside no longer exists, the kid stuck to the tv set with a worried mom failing to get in touch after calling for dinner tenth times.

Streamers run several activities at once: they play and they relate with their audience (the second part is crucial in their business line) so products are designed in such a way they leave room.

Players who play without streaming feel the hole. And watching other people playing helps to keep playing, by mimetism, emulation or whatever...Players less and less endure loneliness. And PC video gaming used to be a lonely activity.

It goes further since streamers themselves watch streams while on the job: they play, relate with their audience and watch other people streaming.

If you say so Chien, personally I don't see the point nor do I miss social interactions in my games (I get quite enough if that at work). I much prefer to play alone, PC time is quality time by myself, preferably with the kids sleeping and the wife doing something else.

Back
Top Bottom