Eye Of The Beholder 3 - Free Download Links

Always can count on the drama of a few users. I have removed the links, and post.

It is not drama just common sense. I am quite certain Mythos et al would not want this site to become a site that links to abandonware rather than a legitimate news site that has relationships with developers, publishers and retailers.

Posting the Aesop/32 runtime interpreter and letting people know about it would be perfectly legitimate and many people here probably still have the original eob3 disks. Just not the actual game files.

Hmm that brings back the memories…
Should I drop MMX and do a 1-3 Marathon ?! :thinking:
Nah, no way I can finish all three of them before DS2 is out. ;)
(Besides, MMX is pretty good. Definitely scratches the Nostalgia itch :) )

I never played 2 or 3, though I heard 2 was the best?

Yeah, imo at least. I would say #3 is my least favorite, actually. Still loved it back in the day.

P.S. Also loved the Dragonlance games (although I believe I had not finished all of them). An infinity engine style Dragonlance game would have been great indeed…

Man I sure loved the EOB trilogy, still got the original floppies in the box.
The EOB remake from Rick Francis for NWN is also one of my favorites, EOB3 is the last one he has to do.

Played a little. I can't believe we put up with NO maps to show where we had been back in those days. I find it totally frustrating now!! What these games really need is a map mod.

Goodness me, you big baby! :p Your skills have obviously decayed from all of the hand-holding in modern games. Get the graph paper out, blow off the cobwebs and have at it I say! ;)

In all seriousness, my memories of some of the Myth Drannor dungeons are very faint indeed. In my small time with EoB3, I do recall getting lost quite a lot and dying from random encounters. Still, the game has now officially made my backlog thanks to this thread. :)

I actually enjoyed making handwritten maps. However it works best, I think, when you can only move in four directions.

pibbur who can't guarantee that he would enjoy mapping today. Even if he is (hopefully) younger than our elder from down under.

cannot play, cannot attack.

hi all.

I cannot play, as so far, at the opening screen, in the graveyard, I cannot find *any* key command or mouse command that will actually have my characters hit the ghosts! I cannot attack anything.
win 7.
I would love to see a list of keyboard layout commands. what I could find using the web or such is that "U" is the attack key but pressing it does nothing.

please someone: post the keyboard key commands, list!!

thank you...freestone

I bought my specimen sometime between 2006-2008, if I recall it correctly.

hi all.

I cannot play, as so far, at the opening screen, in the graveyard, I cannot find *any* key command or mouse command that will actually have my characters hit the ghosts! I cannot attack anything.
win 7.
I would love to see a list of keyboard layout commands. what I could find using the web or such is that "U" is the attack key but pressing it does nothing.

thank you…freestone

Did you use the "DOSBOX" emulator ?
And I meanh NOT the one shipping with MS Windows ...

So, what are the changes in this 'fan patch'?

Speed.

Wait… let me say that again.

Speed!

I tried the difference between AESOP/32 and AESOP/16 (original) when I made my Let's Play videos. The difference is remarkable. I would seriously not want to play the game without this upgrade. Even on a fast, modern computer, the unpatched EoB3 is slow and choppy. AESOP/32 fix this. It make the game as fast as the first two titles.

hi all.

win 7.

thank you…freestone

There are NO keyboard commands!! You attack by Right Clicking either the weapon in your hand, or the Spellbook/Holy Symbol in your other hand. You move by left clicking the arrow keys. Your keyboard arrow keys will also work, but they don't turn you. This is Ancient School rather than merely OLD School!! :)

hi all.

win 7.

thank you…freestone

To attack you need to right click on the weapon (melee weapons only work on the first row). Also the ghost are only hit by magical weapons (+1 or better).
Spells like burning hands, magic missile, fireball, etc, are also effective. Cold based spells (cone of cold, ice storm) aren't.

In Eye of the Beholder 3 you can click the name of each character so it turns yellow. Then you can use Space to Attack All.

My how we forget. Not only is this game not TB, but you can only open 1 spell book at a time. While in steady combat, you have to R-click on ONE spellbook or Holy symbol, find the right level spell you want, L-click the spell and then repeat the process with your next caster, all the time trying to use the space bar for your melee's while constantly being attacked. It is a slow tedious process which is why games with a party are SO much better with either a pause function, or preferably TB!!

My how we forget. Not only is this game not TB, but you can only open 1 spell book at a time. While in steady combat, you have to R-click on ONE spellbook or Holy symbol, find the right level spell you want, L-click the spell and then repeat the process with your next caster, all the time trying to use the space bar for your melee's while constantly being attacked. It is a slow tedious process which is why games with a party are SO much better with either a pause function, or preferably TB!!

The combats weren't so hard, come on. And even if you could cast spells faster, it's still Ad&D, so you have to rest 8 hours before cast again (not to mention to choose the spells before).
The basic tactic in this game is attack the enemy then, go backwards before they can attack. Also if you have space like 2x2 tiles, you can circle enemies.
If you got a spare fighter or cleric, can swap when the front row is wounded by doing right click on the name.

So....regarding EOBIII cheat mode. Has anyone ever figured out what code (h) Thrashing does?

Back
Top Bottom