On steam now

What is this game ? It almost looks like far cry. Ack suppose to be incredibly buggy and unplayable (well the disk version; no clue about this re-release).

Ack suppose to be incredibly buggy and unplayable (well the disk version; no clue about this re-release).

Even the Russian original wasn't unplayable. I fixed a few critical bugs with my UP, but some fixes are not yet released so I am curious about this version...

This was an unexpected, but nice surprise.

By the way, what ever happened to Deep Shadows?
I really enjoyed their games, until they pretty much went full on radio silence. I would have expected them to have closed down, but the truth is they apparently released a couple of hidden object games later on.
Did they end up closing?

It's a shame they didn't continue doing games like these, what they lacked in polish, they had lots of freedom and creativity.
You couldn't imagine the number of hours I played Boiling Point. :)

What version of this game does the Steam-version come equipped with?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I got it. I'm good to go now.

Last edited:
It's the broken version. Broken sound at least.

Any info about whether it includes my patch or not? If there isn't a readme from my patch, please see if you start with the mapcom item that I added!

I can't check, because I did not buy the Steam version.
I've translated some discussions in Russian (with google translate).
From what I remember, your patch is not included.

Last edited:
I guess I was asleep when this was first posted.

I'm glad this finally made it here...I bought mine on ebay from some guy in the Ukraine (along with Precursors). Very glad this has been given new life.

Any info about whether it includes my patch or not? If there isn't a readme from my patch, please see if you start with the mapcom item that I added!

No clue!

I pretty much straight-up did the sound-fix, booted it to see if it fixed sound (it did), and then installed your patch version 1.8.

Using your patch did change the upper-right hand corner's splash screen / title.
Without your patch, it said "Xenus 2."
With your patch, now it says "White Gold."
Not sure if that'll be much of a help here...or not.

Without your patch, it said "Xenus 2."
With your patch, now it says "White Gold."

Then it should be the unpatched version, which is okay, because otherwise they would just have used my stuff without asking which I don't like! Now we only need to get it on GOG with the patch included and The Precursors on both too :)!

Then it should be the unpatched version, which is okay, because otherwise they would just have used my stuff without asking which I don't like! Now we only need to get it on GOG with the patch included and The Precursors on both too :)!

Oh, I'd love to see Xenus 2 + The Precursors also on GOG! :)
Those being DRM-FREE would be pretty sweet.

Even better, if it had your patch applied - i.e. just like Vampire: Bloodlines.

Also, while we're at it, I'd love to see Boiling Point: Road To Hell AKA Xenus 1 hit both Steam + GoG.
Does Atari still hold the distribution rights for BP: RTH?

Does Atari still hold the distribution rights for BP: RTH?

I don't know. I asked my GOG contact about all those games once, but he only forwarded it to the business department and I never heard anything since...

Back
Top Bottom