Return of the Daily Smile

Another, (sadly?) not particular geeky XKCD, with some truth in it:

tones.png

pibbur whose "ringing" sound is the essensial part of "Careful With that Axe, Eugene".

I've used the ring tone from 24 for years, as it used to slightly amuse people years ago, before custom ring tones were a big thing. I got used to it, and used it ever since.

Last edited:
I think ”Careful’s” screaming might be a bit much.

which is why I've chosen it, of course.

pibbur who has probably already mentioned that his SMS alarm is !Aaah-ah, Yawa Em Ekat ot Gnimoc Er’yeht.

I always liked Blondie's 'Call Me' :)

I take the risk of posting yet another very geeky joke. Please ignore it.

Q: How many mathematicians does it take to change a light bulb?
A: -e^(i*PI)

pibbur who hints that:
i is the square root of -1, e=2.71828182845904523536028747135266249775724709369995… (yeah, I looked it up)… and -e^(i*PI)=1.
and who thinks this is funny.

Last edited:
Pie-Chart-29.jpg

pibbur who actually found a not very geeky joke.

PS. Googling for "Silly pie charts" gives a lot of ... silly pie charts. I may post a few more unless someone beats me to it. DS.

Another xkcd. (*sighs*):
coordinate_precision.png

Yeah, yeah. I lik'em.

pibbur who (or may not) may continue posting them as long as at least 1 watcher apart from himself likes'em (or at most 1 watcher don't likem them, depending on his mode).

PS. Here's an example of the last item, IBM's classical logo made by moving xenon atoms:
In-1990-a-scanning-tunneling-microscope-was-used-to-write-the-IBM-logo-in-xenon-atoms-at.png

BTW: I don't consider this image funny, just interesting. DS.

There's a lot of them up to those sorts of shenanigans these days. A friend of mine hijacked the lab equipment to write his dad's initials in atoms, and mounted it on a little chip, in a little picture frame.

Computer processor also have nice pictures on them, sometimes. My favourite is a picture of famous Nazca carvings.

trained_a_neural_net.png

pibbur whose central neural net consists of 70-100 billion CPU's. and 10000 times as many connections

As long as it's not Vogon poetry…..

pibbur who rhymes with 42

PS: I won't post an example of said poetry. To do that, I obviously had to visit the P&R forum, which I don't (dare to do). DS.

What's your all time favourite joke, the one you thinks is the best:

Here's mine (admittedly a bit macabre, but hey, I''m pibbur):

When I die, I want it to happen peacefully, while sleeping. Like my grandfather. Not screaming in fear, like his passengers.

So, what is your favourite (just one, please).

pibbur who already posted a joke, and wont do another one here.

“I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.” Nick Helm (2011)

It's in Norwegian, but that's actually not important. It's about this guy with a very … interesting… laughter (he claims to not making it up), which makes it somewhat universal (you may want to FFW to 0:22 and 1:01).

Like the grandmother of my wife used to say (when she was alive): If a goat laughed like that, it's meat wouldn't be edible.

pibbur who who has eaten goat meat, obviously from a non laughing species.

Is it possible to eat plant meat from non-laughing plants ?

Back
Top Bottom