VtM: Bloodlines 2 - 'Come Dance' Trailer

It's been a long time since I last played "Bloodlines" but…wasn't there somehing weird about sex and vampires from that particular mythos. I could have sworn I have some vague memory of an ingame conversation, suggesting that sex and those kind of vamps didn't work as it should.

Eh…maybe it's my memory getting different vamps mixed up.
Even so (don't remember either), vampires use seduction and sex as hunting tools.
The game needs to be more sexy and depraved, the first one was, it fitted the genre perfectly.

Last edited:
I guess it's an ok trailer.

Not terribly original and I'm not sure I want to play a game where that's the tone or the standard.

I'm sure it's not - and that it's just a way of conveying how craaaaazy and wild you can get - but I would prefer something a little more subtle.

Yeah, I definitely would.

It's all about the clans. The vampire who "stars" in the trailer is most likely Malkavian, or possibly a crazy Toreador. Subtlety isn't their thing. A Ventrue, on the other hand...

Pfff, the characters looks like they exported from The Sims! This game screams hipsterism from miles away. It will be a huge fiasco, mark my words.

Pfff, the characters looks like they exported from The Sims! This game screams hipsterism from miles away. It will be a huge fiasco, mark my words.

Heh, I'm going to laugh when it is a hit and you come back and say that doesn't matter...

Heh, I'm going to laugh when it is a hit and you come back and say that doesn't matter…

Why are you so annoyingly positive on every shit you see? Do you take drugs or happy pills? This game will never be a hit like the first one, it's obvious.

Why are you so annoyingly positive on every shit you see? Do you take drugs or happy pills? This game will never be a hit like the first one, it's obvious.

Bloodlines' initial release sold 72,000 copies and earned approximately $3.4 million in sales, below Troika's other games, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (234,000 units, $8.8 million) and The Temple of Elemental Evil (128,000 units, $5.2 million).[60][66] In comparison, Bloodlines' release competitor Half-Life 2 had sold 6.5 million copies by 2008.[67] Bloodlines*' relative failure contributed to the demise of Troika Games

Now, all we have to do is follow the sales figures of the sequel - and if the game matches or outperforms the above, we know how to feel about your ability to state the obvious :)

Personally, I wouldn't expect a "huge hit" from this game - as the original is more of a cult favorite than a massive mainstream darling.

It's hard to tell with gamers, though.

These days, its seems to me the majority decides how to feel about a game before they've actually played it - and often without ever doing so.

Bloodlines' initial release sold 72,000 copies and earned approximately $3.4 million in sales, below Troika's other games, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (234,000 units, $8.8 million) and The Temple of Elemental Evil (128,000 units, $5.2 million).[60][66] In comparison, Bloodlines' release competitor Half-Life 2 had sold 6.5 million copies by 2008.[67] Bloodlines*' relative failure contributed to the demise of Troika Games

Now, all we have to do is follow the sales figures of the sequel - and if the game matches or outperforms the above, we know how to feel about your ability to state the obvious :)

Personally, I wouldn't expect a "huge hit" from this game - as the original is more of a cult favorite than a massive mainstream darling.

It's hard to tell with gamers, though.

These days, its seems to me the majority decides how to feel about a game before they've actually played it - and often without ever doing so.

Big sales are not a factor for a good game and Planescape Torment is a proof of that, so your copy/paste numbers are useless in general.

As for the "feelings", no, it's not about feelings, at least for me..It's about what I've seen and heard about this game so far.

Big sales are not a factor for a good game and Planescape Torment is a proof of that, so your copy/paste numbers are useless in general.

As for the "feelings", no, it's not about feelings, at least for me..It's about what I've seen and heard about this game so far.

What you're saying might be more relevant if you'd say "good game" and not "a hit".

Yes, feelings are about about feelings. As for what you're telling yourself you know that you can't know - I'm pretty sure that's about feelings as well.

Maybe you'd have more fun if you kept an open mind? Just a thought.

What you're saying might be more relevant if you'd say "good game" and not "a hit".

Yes, my feelings are about about feelings. As for what you're telling yourself you know that you can't know - I'm pretty sure that's about feelings as well.

Maybe you'd have more fun if you kept an open mind? Just a thought.

I won't play with words here, anyone with basic logical understanding can get what I meant. I always have an open mind but again, based of what I saw and heard it's not encouraging enough to take them seriously.

I won't play with words here, anyone with basic logical understanding can get what I meant. I always have an open mind but again, based of what I saw and heard it's not encouraging enough to take them seriously.

I can get it now, when you're using the correct words and you're explaining yourself.

So, we can agree that this is probably not going to be better than the first game - subjectively speaking.

It's key to remember that because we like Bloodlines, it doesn't mean it's "a good game" or "a hit". The former will always be subjective - and most people probably understand that a hit means a success in this context - which is largely about sales in this industry (and, indeed, most if not all industries).

You didn't come off as someone with an open mind, but I'm glad to hear you're not really like that.

Mostly for your own sake.

So bloody funny you hedged your bet before it even happened….you basically said regardless if others like it and it sells well it won't be a hit…

Good job genius.

Now, come on and tell us your superior skill in deciding what is good and whatnot, I'm sure the majority will ignore it.

Dude, you don't have an open mind, you are rude to just about everyone and overly aggressive for no reason at all, perhaps you missed your pills today?

So bloody funny you hedged your bet before it even happened….you basically said regardless if others like it and it sells well it won't be a hit…

Good job genius.

Now, come on and tell us your superior skill in deciding what is good and whatnot, I'm sure the majority will ignore it.

Dude, you don't have an open mind, you are rude to just about everyone and overly aggressive for no reason at all, perhaps you missed your pills today?

I'm not rude to everyone, it's just you and the 3-4 other snowflakes… You're a silly parody of a person who likes everything he sees, so naive and so useless…It screams from miles… It's not about open mind it's about the 3-4 useless and tasteless bots here who copy/paste the same tasteless bullshit, one is you the other is jdr13 the other 2 I don't remember their names but I will pee in their mouth in the first opportunity as I do constantly to you. Keep answering to me in the comments snowflake, we will have so much fun, more fun than this vampire abomination.

Last edited:
I'm not rude to everyone, it's just you and the 3-4 other snowflakes… You're a silly parody of a person who likes everything he sees, so naive and so useless…It screams from miles… It's not about open mind it's about the 3-4 useless and tasteless bots here who copy/paste the same tasteless bullshit, one is you the other is jdr13 the other 2 I don't remember their names but I will pee in their mouth in the first opportunity as I do constantly to you. Keep answering to me in the comments snowflake, we will have so much fun, more fun than this vampire abomination.

You are a sad little child who thinks he matters....keep going.

Pathetic.

You are a sad little child who thinks he matters….keep going.

Pathetic.

Did I hurt your feelings? Go drink some vinegar and you'll be fine. Oh and stop this pathetic childish guessing game...I'm not a child I'm 39...

PS - If you don't want to be upset don't start conversation with me, it's not rocket science, it's simple...

Man, this conversation is what internet bulletin boards are about. As a man child who thinks his opinion matters I feel strongly about my opinion about the opinions in evidence here.

Last edited:
Did I hurt your feelings? Go drink some vinegar and you'll be fine. Oh and stop this pathetic childish guessing game…I'm not a child I'm 39…

PS - If you don't want to be upset don't start conversation with me, it's not rocket science, it's simple…

I'm fine. You just have issues and need to lash out on a message board…I feel soooo threatened by you oh my…what should I ever do….

I assumed you were child because of the way you are behaving...

Sad.

Back
Top Bottom