Ultima IV - Remake from BioWare Mythic?

Tabula Rasa wasn't his NCSoft just hired him to put his name on it… kind of a marketing ploy….. either way he is what made the ultimate games great…. he was not that much involved in U8 and even less in U9…. need I say more ?

I don't think U9 was nearly as bad as it was generally made out to be. I realize most people around here don't share that opinion though.

Also it helps against piracy that is not a benefit for the consumer though but it is for the developer…..

Not to turn this into a piracy thread, but for a small studio on the margin of profitability, the inability to pirate it might actually be the difference between being able to keep making games or not, so if you like the game, I'd see that as a benefit!

Tabula Rasa wasn't his NCSoft just hired him to put his name on it… kind of a marketing ploy….. either way he is what made the ultimate games great…. he was not that much involved in U8 and even less in U9…. need I say more ?

If he had any decency, he'd use some of his money to do a free Ultima IX remake that is true to the series. :)

I don't think U9 was nearly as bad as it was generally made out to be. I realize most people around here don't share that opinion though.

office_space_asskick.jpg

:D

If he had any decency, he'd use some of his money to do a free Ultima IX remake that is true to the series. :)

I'd be happy if he just did another single-player rpg game. It doesn't have to be Ultima. Just show us old-school fans some love for a change.

No Tabula Rasa was his - the thing is the Tabula Rasa that got released is just not the Tabula Rasa he wanted to make, which really was the original version shown around 2004 until it was somehow turned into this generic Halo-ish sci-fi crap. He still directed the project to the end though.

Also while he had little involvement in Ultima VIII, he was very much involved in Ultima IX and took over directing duties after firing Ed Del Castillo en Summer 1998. Though I'd argue his return in this position felt like a desperate to salvage what he could of the project.

As for that Bioware Mythic Ultima IV remake, I have no idea whether it's good or not, but all I'll say is that some of the asumption on this thread are wrong.

-Sergorn

Not to turn this into a piracy thread, but for a small studio on the margin of profitability, the inability to pirate it might actually be the difference between being able to keep making games or not, so if you like the game, I'd see that as a benefit!

Come again? The team might be small but it`s contained within a behemoth...we`re talking Mythic-Bioware-EA here...

Somehow I don`t really see torrents/rapids getting all excited about this one..although, it obviously would duly appear there if released as download...

I see this whole enterprise more as a publicity stunt than some great headache for Bioware honchos...they can spare few folk working on it & it sure won`t collapse anything if not profitable. But it`s also true they probably can squeeze more cash out of it if released online....

Come again? The team might be small but it`s contained within a behemoth…we`re talking Mythic-Bioware-EA here…

I was responding to Gothic's comment on how a browser based game could benefit a studio, not necessarily THIS browser based game.

Back
Top Bottom