Fable 3 - PC Version May 17th

Not only the same day as Witcher 2 but also May is already packed to the brim with awesome PC games.

Stupid, stupid date to pick. April is almost barren and I doubt they need the extra time.

Anyway... lalalala.

Something tells me we wont be getting any dlc either except for a hardcore mode.
I was interested when it was supposed to come at at the same time now I have little interest. Witcher 2 and other games have my money that month.

The game will sell poorly and be an excuse for Microsoft to abandon pc publishing again.

Something tells me we wont be getting any dlc either except for a hardcore mode.

They said waaaaaaay back when the PC version was announced that it would get all the DLC in the box. Not sure if that is still the case after all these delays though.

They said waaaaaaay back when the PC version was announced that it would get all the DLC in the box. Not sure if that is still the case after all these delays though.

The key word being way back. It was announced with the xbox version and well we saw what happened. I doubt we will but I could be wrong also.

Sounds like hubris to me to release this game on the same date as The Witcher 2, and I am not going to support such an absurd move unless there is a good explanation for the huge delay relative to the X-Box release other than X-Box marketing.

Still, should I miraculously have a large amount of time on my hands at the end of this year, or early next one, depending on the reviews I might consider buying this after it has entered the bargain bin.

What would really make me cry is hearing that Fable 3 PC outsold The Witcher 2 a couple weeks after they launch.

F3 comes to PC?
Um... Does anyone really care anymore? :)

Originally Posted by Hellriser View Post
JIZZ… in my pants!

I get the reference, but I'm not sure if everyone else does.

Just so people know what you're talking about, and don't think you're being a troll.

+++++++++++++++

Oh, man. I laughed 'til I cried at that video. That song is going to be stuck in my head for days.

I stand corrected found this on destructoid today.

Anyway, Fable III is hitting PC on May 17th, and all the bonus crap from the Limited Collector’s Edition will be included on disc. All DLC, including the upcoming Traitor’s Keep, will be available for it at launch. Fable Coin Golf will pop up on the Zune Marketplace sometime next month.

So there you have it were getting all the dlc plus the new traitors keep also. Surprised me really with other companies saying there games on the pc at least.:)

Did they ever release a PC version of Fable 2? I don't really care but what use is the 3rd game being released without the 2nd.

tolknaz: I absolutely and totally agree with you there. Why do they think people want a farting simulator anyways.

PS. That video was very funny and rather then Fable 3 making me Jizz in my pants it would make something come out of the other end and not all over my pants. :evilgrin:

Did they ever release a PC version of Fable 2? I don't really care but what use is the 3rd game being released without the 2nd.

Supposedly they are completely separate story-wise. I agree it sucks, and if MS is going to get back into porting their console games with future Gears, Halo or Alan Wake games it will suck to have missed entries in those series too, but I would guess MS' response would be "hey if you want to play those games buy an Xbox!"

Their goal is still to get every gamer to own an Xbox, after all.

As someone who hasn't played any Fable games - should I really bother? I have this view that Fable is a childish, incredibly easy series of games - for some reason the whole farting thing just seems to typify it, it suggests the game designers are giggling 12 year olds. Am I wrong or is this about the gist of it?

Also the consensus seems to be one of decline from each game to the next, ie. F1>F2>F3…which kind of reduces the point of buying into the whole series even more if it is just going to lead to more and more disappointment.

As someone who hasn't played any Fable games - should I really bother? I have this view that Fable is a childish, incredibly easy series of games - for some reason the whole farting thing just seems to typify it, it suggests the game designers are giggling 12 year olds. Am I wrong or is this about the gist of it?

Well, that's an oversimplification, but it's not too far off target. Fable is a very easy game, and it has an adolescent sense of humor.

Fable has no difficulty settings, so you are obliged to play on what would be a Very Easy setting in most games. You will probably not die at all, or maybe only a couple of times. And when you do die, you don't really — you just pop back up at the same spot, having lost only a small amount of XP. It's easy to spam magic attacks so that few enemies even get close. For ranged attack, you don't even need to aim — you just press a button and the game aims for you (this struck me as almost insulting). There is a lighted trail that tells you exactly where you should go. I could go on, but you get the idea — very easy.

It's a game with an adolescent sense of humor. Some of it is funny, and I've got to give it some credit, because I enjoy the lighthearted tone of Fable sometimes — it's a nice change of pace from most games, which take themselves too seriously. There was one bit, where you play in the world guarded by 3 D&D nerds, that was pretty funny. But a lot of the humor is immature, sophomoric. Fable 2 had some funny gnomes, hurling insults at you, but Fable 3's gnomes are just mean-spirited, not funny.

You can do more than fart, of course — shake hands, dance, etc., but none of that is very appealing to me. Fable offers a lot of this "social" nonsense, like hairstyles, clothing, dyes, expression options, house buying, furniture and re-decorating stuff, garnering people's approval, getting married, having babies, etc. I find all of that crap boring, personally.

On the upside, combat is colorful, environments are pleasing to the eye, and there are some yucks to be found. I think of Fable as cotton candy — it's lightweight, kind of amusing to look at, and easy to digest. But it doesn't really nourish you, and before long, you'll be looking for some real food.

Back
Top Bottom