Neverwinter - Release Date and Expansion Revealed

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
According to IGN Cryptic has announced Neverwinter will launch on June 20. It will also have an expansion already available for free called Fury of the Feywild.
Cryptic has announced it's free-to-play MMORPG Neverwinter will launch on June 20 and beta progress will be carried over.
The game, set in the universe of Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms, has been in open beta since April 30 but will shift into full release in a fortnight. When it does so, it'll coincide with the live release of Gauntlgrym, Neverwinter's free level 60 PvE and PvP content.
Additionally, the company has also announced the first free expansion pack for the game will be called Fury of the Feywild, and will be available sometime this summer. More details about the expansion will be released closer to launch, but for now we've been told It'll chronicle an attempt by Fomorian Giants to seize the Elven city of Sharandar.
More information.

Seems odd that this close to release the last Class is still Coming Soon. I assume it to be the Ranger.

Honestly, I'm severely underwhelmed from what I've seen. Since I pre-ordered anyway, I'll be playing at release, but the game just seems to ordinary and run-of-the-mill.

Worse part is that it barely resembles, if at all, D&D. I was hoping at least for that, but alas, it got MMORPG-ified.

The Ranger gives me hope I might enjoy the game.

So, how many are still playing this significantly?

I'm curious - because I really have no idea how they intend to keep people playing with such a shallow design.

I'm curious - because I really have no idea how they intend to keep people playing with such a shallow design.

I played it a while some at the start, and not at all in the last few weeks. Just bored to tears.

The graphics are fine, and the combat is good, but the classes are SO locked in to a specific role it makes my hair (or what's left of it) hurt.

Unless they've changed something, the idea that each class can only use one weapon seems ridiculous. Sure, maybe it helps the designers with balance, but it just seems so LAZY to me.

I'm still playing it. The game is great if you can only spend 30 minutes to 1 hour into something.

It's really an arcady timewaster in general. I actually like the combat personally.

I've been playing it. It's kind of fine as an online single player action RPG but as an MMO it is nothing but a shallow cash-grab. End game is all about the gear and the gear is all about your credit card.

And then I had a thought last weekend (it's June, I was due one and was beginning to get worried). If you're going to play an MMO as a single player game you might as well play a Single Player game. And there was Dragon Age 2 in the bargain bin. Not the greatest RPG ever but a lot of fun so far.

The cash shop has been live for weeks and they aren't wiping after "beta" so IMO, this game is already released. What is going to change when they actually go live? Nothing really, they'll just drop the "beta" tag that's been meaningless.

They should've done a real beta and they should be wiping because there have been a bunch of brutal exploits and there are ridiculous numbers of players who were pounding endgame in just a few days.

Dunno if it matters since the game isn't all that great so why care?

I log in to do the prayer thing and kick off crafting jobs...and my 2 characters level just by doing that. Neither of my two characters are max level since the game isn't interesting enough to log in and play that much.

Yeah, the first thing I thought was there's been a well reported exploit so its stunning they would allow people to continue with their beta build.

My only guess is that they already started selling in game items for real cash and the backlash would be really, really bad if they didn't allow it.

New players are going to be intimidated by the beta players with higher levels and equipment so I'm not sure this is going to make for a good launch.

How is player made content so far? Anything interesting been made with the Forge yet?

I tried this, played the tutorial area. It seemed ok but when I finished it I was dropped in the middle of a town with people running and jumping all over and mobs gathered around questgivers.

Then I remembered why I don't play MMO,s. I guess I'll see if skyrim online can change my mind.

I'm still playing it, quite enjoying it in fact.

Daniel.

I'm still playing it and having a great time. For action RPG standarts it's pretty good. I enjoyed it much more than Diablo 3

Back
Top Bottom