Age of Conan - Women of Hyboria @ Official Site

Inauro

Watcher
Funcom, it seems, has a somewhat more modern view of women that RE Howard did when he wrote the original Conan stories. Head on over to the official Age of Conan site for further details.
The women of Hyboria have long been a lively debated topic among the Age of Conan community, even to the extent where many of you doubted their very existence in the game.
Suffice to say Hyboria will be FILLED with women of all kinds, from the “to be expected” female prostitutes to the extremely able female fighters.
As some of you may have picked up during our development, we have chosen a somewhat updated view on women compared to the works of Robert E. Howard. The world circa-2007 is very different, in most places, than the 1930’s in which the original Conan stories came around. Early on in our development, we therefore made a very clear and conscious choice: Namely that any female player in Hyboria should be just as strong and able as any man! The strong, fierce and independent female is perfectly in line with the lore of Howard, however, we have expanded it to include ALL the female players. And seriously guys, you wouldn’t want anything else, now would you? (let the discussions start!)
More information.

LOL, I already see all those pimpled straight teen boys running around as semi-nude Brigitte Nielsen's, hr hr. Quite a contrast to those unbelievable ugly males, who all kinda look as is they fell face-on into a lawn-mower. I can imagine the talk in this game already. Teen boy heaven, and endless chats of immature nerd boys. *shudders* Sorry, but if anything this really turns me away from this game, no matter what other qualities it has.

Hey, Conan, can I have scantly dressed cute males please? No? Well, then I stay in CoH for now. :p

As some of you may have picked up during our development, we have chosen a somewhat updated view on women compared to the works of Robert E. Howard.

hehe... I guess Howards original classes for female characters would have been: sorceress, commoner, pickpocket, dethroned Princess, tavern wench, courtesan, escaped slave and savage pirate queen :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom