Pricewatch!

Indie Gala Dwarves is online, and boy is it a good one.
Pay at least $1 and get:
Nosferatu - The Wrath of Malachi (DRM free)
Street Race Syndicate (Gamer's Gate)
Gettysburg: Armored Warfare (Steam, and probably one of the most broken games ever)

Pay more than the average (or something, it says average, but somehow I doubt it is a real average), currently $4.99 and get:
Guilty Gear Isuka (Gamer's Gate)
Gun Metal (Gamer's Gate)
A Game of Dwarves (Steam)
Warlock: Master of the Arcane (steam)
and two yet to be announced titles.

Why is this such a good bundle? Because of Warlock, and to a lesser, but still significant degree, A Game of Dwarves. Warlock is an outstanding game, that has received a lot of post-launch support, in the form of content patches.

Also online is Groupees Build a Bundle 5, which contains:
Storm in a Teacup (Steam & DRM free)
Manhunter (Desura & DRM free)
Marvin's Mittens (Desura & DRM free)
Dawnstar (Desura & DRM free)
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee & Exoddus (Steam & DRM free)
Nethergate: Resurrection (Steam & DRM free)
Spellforce Platinum (Steam)
Lume (Steam & DRM free)
Dawning (Desura & DRM free)
And you get to pick & chose which games you want for $0.75 each (minimum $1.5)

And finally Bundle Stars 5, which costs 4.59€ or $5.94 and it contains:
StarDrone (DRM free)
Jazz: Trumps Journey (Drm Free)
Crash Time 2 (Steam)
Still Life (Steam)
Still Life 2 (Steam)
Chrome (Steam)
Vigil: Blood Bitterness (Steam)
Tank universal (Steam)
And two yet to be announced games (both steam)

A wide -50% sale on Origin.
You may check it up yourself, however for the first time Amalur DLC are included, so they now cost $2.5 the OP itempack and $5 each of two additional grinding content.

JDR, you played this, is it worth buying? I've bought the game only for $5 a few months back on Origin, still haven't installed it since, well…

For adventure genre lovers, Gamersgate is offering Atlantis collection for 25€.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-ATLANTC/atlantis-collection-bundle

But I vouch on not to buy that bundle.

The first game in the pack, Atlantis Evolution, is not so good and shouldn't be there actually. It was made by a completely different developer than two other Atlantis games in the pack.

The second game is definetly good and received many praises, didn't try the third. However, there are two more Atlantis games that should be in the pack most definetly since they're mixing things.

The first game of the Cryo series is actually Atlantis:The lost tales and you may buy it on GOG for 5€:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/atlantis_the_lost_tales

But in fact, if you click on that page on "buy series" - that's GOG's Atlantis collection, you get three correct sequels for 21€! Yup, cheaper & better pack.

There is also a game named Secrets of Atlantis that was made by the developer of Atlantis Evolution. I don't have it either but it was also reviewed as an almost brilliant one. You may get it here for 15€:
http://eu-adventureshop.gamesplanet...-of-Atlantis-214-49.html?affiliate=AG_article

Maybe for some reason you want all 5 of them but you don't care for GOG, GamersGate or AdventureShop? Not a problem, they're all available on Amazon, please do check prices yourself.

Bah! Origin is so shitty. I can't even see which KoA DLC if any I have already.

In any case, the DLC are $10 and $5 each. Still definitely not worth it. I see no big savings.

Bah! Origin is so shitty. I can't even see which KoA DLC if any I have already.
Just click on the game-box graphic and then click the "i" symbol. A page opens up that lists details including the DLCs installed.

I don't think so… though I'm not going to uninstall my game to find out ;)

As long as you've got "All Games" selected, the game's details show up, I think. (Having "Installed Games" selected only shows the games installed, obviously).

Once the "i" is selected, under the "Add-ons and Bonuses" section the list of DLCs you bought should be there. Given that there is a "Status" column which says "installed" for all the DLCs I have installed, I would assume that if you own the DLCs and you didn't have them installed, it would indicate as such.

Hey Thrasher, just to confirm, if I log into Origin on a different computer without KoA installed, it comes up with big "Download" button for KoA, and lists the DLCs I have purchased with big "Download" buttons beside them as well.
Looking at other games I own but don't have installed, any DLCs I don't own are listed with "Buy Now".

So, you don't appear to need to have the game installed, and you don't need to own the DLCs to have them appear, but maybe you need to be in Online mode? Or maybe KoA is special and if you don't own the DLCs they don't appear?

Edit: apologies to everyone else for the diversion.

Yeah, sorry for the diversion everyone….

I am in Online mode. No list of DLC. Maybe I bought a version that included all the DLC? Gaah I'll look around for some records of my purchase. Thanks for the help.

UPDATE: Nope. Not a special "DLC included" purchase from what I can tell from the wonderful Origin store receipt. It's just a typical Origin fuck up.

All you need to do is right click on the picture of the game in your Origin library and then select "Show game details". It will show what add-ons you have installed.

The I button is the same function as the right-click "Show game details", JDR. Again, no DLC listed, bought or not. Origin is what it is and what it shouldn't be. Bad EA. ;)

I wouldn't be suprised if they sold me a defective version of KoA on their wonderful sale. :/

You need to install their bloody malware.

Then go to shop, KoA, and you'll see this:

dh5stz.jpg

P.S. Odd, I can swear prices were listed in dollars today, but then again, I'm not sure now.

P.P.S. THis is how it looks like in my games "i", I don't have any DLC:

9tz40k.jpg

The I button is the same function as the right-click "Show game details", JDR. Again, no DLC listed, bought or not. Origin is what it is and what it shouldn't be. Bad EA. ;)

I wouldn't be suprised if they sold me a defective version of KoA on their wonderful sale. :/

That simply means you never purchased the DLC. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

What you are missing are that people said they have a list of available DLC to purchase on their info screen. ME3 has this. The answer may be that for special little KoA, it only shows what you have purchased, which is a good enough answer for me. But, that is NOT how it worked on ME3. God forbid Origin is actually consistent.

That's the most probable reason, though it's interesting that other ORigin games I own list DLCs I don't have:

vglweq.png

Edit: sorry was responding to JDR13.
Yeah, Origin doesn't seem terribly consistent.

Last edited:
JDR still you haven't say should I buy "more grinding" two DLC or not? Are they fun at all?

Back
Top Bottom