Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Trailers

They're really pushing underwater exploration ( bloody sharks) and Origins had pretty good controls with this.
Atlantis DLC

40867694_1942805209118377_7624850748653354306_n.jpg

They're probably come up with some typical nonsense, but art/visuals will be a treat here.

The funny thing is that (for me as well) it seems easier to play a character of a foreign race (elf, dwarf,...) with the your own sex than a character of your own race (human) with the opposite gender. ;)

Any reasonable backing up of your words as already requested by others, or we should just ignore your comment since you got enough quotes?

Never played a single AC besides the first one like 10 years back, but the exploration mode in the previous one and the setting in this one (along with some light rpg elements) make be wanna play it badly..

Apologies to all other esteemed members. Quoting 5 replies is stupid so I chose to answer yours.

judging by a number of vitriolic replies, people here think AC is indeed a RPG franchise.
Not sure why, as it is just an opinion.

If people think AC franchise is a RPG, who am I to tell them otherwise? Just another Joe Schmoe on the internet.

It all boils down to what is considered a RPG? My point is, how can you call a game RPG, if many of players don't care for story/mechanics, and just enjoy the visuals/world.

Your experience may differ, of course, but I, personally, own all of them AC games and haven't finished a single one. With Black Flag, for example, I spent most of the time sailing the ship around. And with Origins, exploring the environment.

Amazing "RPGs" with bland mechanics and uninteresting stories. :sarcasm:

Origins is RPG. All older titles absolutely are not.

Black Flag is the worst AC game of them all. To this day I still cannot understand how people can't see it. Such unoptimized code I haven't seen in decades, everything looks outdated, ship fights were just copypasted from Sea Dogs franchise and diving parts were horrible piece of shit. Hell whole game should be used as definition of "piece of shit" genre.
Story and characters? The writer should be kicked out of gaming industry for eternity and those irrelevant characters can die most horrible deaths for all I care.
The only good thing AC4 had was music. Nothing else.
Thankfully, that abomination of a game is not RPG.

The only AC game I didn't finish is AC Unity. AC games I don't have are Syndicate because of it being chariots racing game and some stupid AC phonegames (some whatever ac china, russia, india).

Apologies to all other esteemed members. Quoting 5 replies is stupid so I chose to answer yours.

judging by a number of vitriolic replies, people here think AC is indeed a RPG franchise.

If people think AC franchise is a RPG, who am I to tell them otherwise? Just another Joe Schmoe on the internet.

It all boils down to what is considered a RPG? My point is, how can you call a game RPG, if many of players don't care for story/mechanics, and just enjoy the visuals/world.

Your experience may differ, of course, but I, personally, own all of them AC games and haven't finished a single one. With Black Flag, for example, I spent most of the time sailing the ship around. And with Origins, exploring the environment.

Origins was sort of on the fringes, but Odyssey can be considered one.

It has a pretty decent skill/ability tree with three basic playstyles

Choices and consequences…latter remains to be seen ( how impactful it is), but what they've shown of quests, this was clear.

Factions you can side with( I think it's two basic ones : Athena and Sparta) and there is sort of world progression.

Dialogue choices.

And some secondary progression in terms of upgrades: your gear, ship, crew, etc.

May not be the most robust in terms of mechanics out there, but I see no reason it's less one at this point than Witcher, PB games, Spiders, TES, Souls, etc...I'd say they all have their own pros and cons in this.

Now whether it turns out good with rpg mechanics, eh? I'm not holding my breath on that. Combat looks pretty fun, but I don't like this nonsense of hitting even nameless grunts for more than 10k damage and barely chipping their health.

They've also added something called Exploration mode: bit more immersive as you use your Eagle to pinpoint points of interest in local area.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you but you said

Without spoiling too much for you, it will have less RPG than AC:Origins.

No one claims AC:Origins is the ideal RPG, far from it. Its RPG Lite. Now the question is how do you know that Odyssey is less of an RPG that AC:Origins? Or why do you say that? You used the word "spoiling " and that implied some knowledge and got people interested. So I ask again, what is that you know to make this claim?

To be honest mate I always put the AC series, judging from the first one into the (3d) platformer genre along with the likes of the rebooted Prince of Persia franchise.. I actually didn't know it had recently developed or developing "rpg-like, inspirations," or whatever but I'm honestly happy if it is looking for inspiration in rpg genre. Even if it may never be an rpg game.

I think AC in the long run, along with the exploration etc is going into a very nice and more familiar direction/tone for some of us.

Back
Top Bottom