Elder Scrolls Online - Play Session @ RPS

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Rock Paper Shotgun had a hands-on session with The Elder Scrolls Online and provide us with the results of the session.
That sense of exploration is something Zenimax want to emphasise. The likely reason being that they know Elder Scrolls fanatics to be curious trailblazers at heart. There certainly is a lot of landmass to cover – comprising the land from all the previous games combined, plus more – but it’s how this landmass is to be populated that will determine how successfully sated the hungers of these trailblazers will be (or how satisfied the explorer ‘subgroup’ of the MMO community will be, for that matter). It’s been a common criticism of the single player Elder Scrolls games that – although the worlds are huge, the geography stunning, and the architecture fantastic – there is a serious lack of character among the majority of the quest-giving caste and other NPCs. Obviously, this being Elder Scrolls *Online*, it can rely on the human element to pick up the slack, but that doesn’t make the first staid fetch-quest we encountered during our playthrough any more enjoyable, even if it was dressed up in a murder mystery plot and one of the characters was a dog.
More information.

I am getting more and more excited about ESO. I also read today that they are going to have public dungeons. Sign me up. Some of the best times I ever had, was in the original EQ. Helping other players out deep in a dungeon or having someone save your party can really help build a community in game.

Just translating the new ADHD postings for others

Haha. Touché!

But, may I say: I read SO many "impression texts"… I just CAN'T anymore. They all say the same, and nothing. I rarely was any wiser. So *shrug* I just stop wasting my time. Vid or it didn't happen. =P

Fair enough but Didn't you post the same thing about Lord British's vid or was that another poster?

Fair enough but Didn't you post the same thing about Lord British's vid or was that another poster?

Hmm. I don't remember. I speak as I feel. I don't have any plan you know. I mean, I am 42, meaning I have more years behind than ahead, and that in turn makes me more careful with the time, you see. ;)

So I rather bicker with you than read the N-th next about a MMO 6+ months away. XD

I looked it up. It was Roq not you. I hope this isn't going to be a trend! I'm 43 so listen to your elders and post longhand lol

I looked it up. It was Roq not you. I hope this isn't going to be a trend! I'm 43 so listen to your elders and post longhand lol
It was Roq. He was the first post on the newsbit. At first I was like what the hell. Then realized he was just saying in lazy terms he didn't watch the videos. Maybe we need a filter or a one sentence mandatory posting rule. I have to ponder on this.:plotting:

Ah the forty-something thread, I must post. I love Bethesda's SP games but I'm not hearing anything to make me get in line for ESO. I might look at it if I get bored with everything else.

I'm leery of the ES series: the hype can be quite ridiculous. So I suggest that people looking forward to the MMO lower your expectations, just in case.

From preview articles, it does seem that it is shaping up to be pretty good so I hope that works out.

The main reason why I want to play this is because it has all of Tamriel in it and maybe they will hopefully add areas outside Tamriel in expansions. I would really like to visit Akavir in an Elderscrolls game.

I have been playing Rift lately since it is going F2P and I think having something similar to the Rifts and invasions would fit in ESO very well. I have been enjoying Rift a lot because of them and currently consider Rift one of my most favorite mmorpgs.

with my bad memory, the setting does nothing to me. Every time I play a TES game is like the first time I'm in that world for me. Hell, I've tried to play Skyrim twice with between 10-20 hours each attempt and right now all I remember is that it's in a cold setting.

Cool wolfing! You could just buy one good book and read it over and over again! :)

Cool wolfing! You could just buy one good book and read it over and over again! :)

that has happened before. One time I started reading a book, and realized I had already read it when I was past 100 pages :)

Back
Top Bottom