Baldur's Gate : EasyTuTu - Graphics Glitch.

The Wanderer

in paths untrodden
Hello.

So I couldn't just play Risen 2 wich I had recently bought.

My ADHD mind had to play something else.

My subcouncious fell on BG but this time, I wanted the TuTu.

After installing the basic part, I fall on a graphics glitch. Bummer.

The main screen is not right and there's a flickering hand all over the place.
It's the same within the game.

I looked around the web today for installation walkthroughs but none spoke of my glitch. There is something that I have not done yet also. The Microsoft backward compatibility file has not been attempted yet (And I might have not respected every element of the instructions too) :

1) EasyTuTu.
2) PocketPlane.
3) Destructoid's Weekend Modder's Guide.
4) Youtube how to install it.
5) Nvidia graphics problem solver.
If someone has the patience to guide me through it all I would be grateful.

I have SOA on the latest patch.
Don't know for Baldur's Gate.

I have a gtx 650 ti 2mb.
An old intel q6600 Quad core.
I'm running Windows 7 32 bit.

I messed around with my nvidia 3d specs in the control panel but to no avail.

I'm about to give up on this. This is too tough for me.
I just want plug and play…

Oh, and last thing, can I delete my easytutu folder and try again?

Thanks for any help! :help:

Last edited:
I can think of three solutions that may help you. The third one worked for me as I had the same problem with the enhanced editions without EasyTuTu.
1. Start the game, then hit alt-enter to put it into windowed mode. Quit, then open it again. You can then hit alt-enter again to enter full-screen, and the game should run normally.

2. Enter the Baldur's Gate main menu and select "Options", then select "Graphics" and untick "Hardware Mouse Cursor".

3. Go to your graphic card settings and add the the game manually you can find it in: 3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings, and turn
"Tripple Buffering" OFF.
Hope this helps.:)

Did BG's Windows config have a software rendering option? God, it's been so long since I've tried running any of the Infinity games - and never on Windows 7.

I can think of three solutions that may help you. The third one worked for me as I had the same problem with the enhanced editions without EasyTuTu.
Hope this helps.:)

Hello.

My problem is more than just the mouse cursor glitch.
It's also with the screen. It froze the game the only time I tried it.

I tried alt+enter many times to no avail. Once it beeped for a few seconds then the screen whent black and I was back to the desktop. I could see the game icon but no windowed mode.

Cant find the cursor accelerator icon to unclick it in the menu even though I've looked everywhere for it.

Had already toggled off the triple something that you had suggested in 3rd place.

So for now, I deleted the EasyTuTu folder.
I'll get back to this some time later with a fresh install of both games and having properly followed the instructions.

I'm sure my problem is something about a widescreen G3 conflict with something of the backward compatility thingies.

I have many other unplayed games to beat for now.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Get the enhanced edition. It actually works out of the box.

Delete the Tutu folder?? You should rather run the exe file again and uninstall it by pressing "U"… I don't know about Tutu but I'm running mods for BG2 fine without any problem. I did play BG EasyTutu heaps of times before but not on Windows 7. Only bug I encountered back then was green water, and there's separate file that I need to install using weidu to fix the problem. Did you try running the game as administrator?? I have to run my NWN as administrator or it crashes as soon as I load the game. I think it might be worth trying.

Also, try posting your problem on Pocketplanes as they might have more insight on how to fix the problem. They might ask you to email them your weidu log to locate the problem.

Or, as Maylander said… just get BG:EE. Only thing is that there aren't many mods available for EE!

Edit: Just one more thing; did you install the game in program file?? I used to install all my games in program file until I came across too many problems to run any games so I've created another folder called "Games" outside of program file. That might also help too.

Sorry to the people whos posts I haven't replied too.
That's a bad habit of mine that I try to get rid of.

All these BG Noob Questions talking made me want to complete this game that I had yet done since failing in 2006 iirc.

Anyway. I bought them BG I and BG II at this awesome summer sale recently so I thought I'd give this enhanced edition modding another try.

I followed the instructions that were given where I bought them and voila!

I now have a perfectly working EE.

Put my screen settings at 1152 * 864.
Did not use the fonts because they were to damned big.

Now, I'm off to them mines for the n'th time…

PS : I'll start another noob questions thread just to anoy you all. ;p :giggle:

I think I read on the Codex that all that lovely handcrafted artwork for the EE editions is actually downgraded from the regular BG1/BG2 or easyTuTu releases. Is this true?

I think I read on the Codex that all that lovely handcrafted artwork for the EE editions is actually downgraded from the regular BG1/BG2 or easyTuTu releases. Is this true?

I've read sillier things on the Codex, but that's definitely not true.

Back
Top Bottom