Mount & Blade II - Preview @ Gamepressure

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gamepressure has collected a few features of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord:

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord to feature battles of up to 1,000 soldiers, dynamic seasons and more

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord developers revealed a couple of tasty bits about their upcoming game in discussion with German website GameStar. They discussed the scale of battles, world sizes, dynamic seasons and more.

Up to 1,000 soldiers will fight at the sime time in single player battles in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, the developers from TaleWorlds told GameStar (via NeoGAF). That refers to the full version, as the current build is able to hold half of that: there are currently battles of 250 warriors on each side in the game. The full-fledged sequel to the popular “knight simulator” sandbox is going to feature world four times bigger than the one in Mount & Blade: Warband. It will not only have regions with different climates – from desert to icy-cold north – but also, with the passage of time, players will notice dynamic seasons displayed on battlefields and cities as well as on the world map.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

This is my most-awaited game, ever.
It better not disappoint :D

I am looking forward to M&B II also. My most-awaited game ever was Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and that was one of the few times a game even exceeded my expectations. The first Mount and Blade was fantastic so I have high hopes again.

I am looking forward to M&B II also. My most-awaited game ever was Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and that was one of the few times a game even exceeded my expectations. The first Mount and Blade was fantastic so I have high hopes again.

My most awaited game ever was Everquest, and it also exceeded my expectations.

I hope the modding system is good.

The main reason mount and blade 1 was good was thanks to all the potential mods ...
I remember when one guy made battles on boats possible and also started magic systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My most awaited game ever was Everquest, and it also exceeded my expectations.

I knew nothing about EQ until May 1999 and was hooked and fell in love with it right away. Both EQ and HoMM 3 were released in March of 1999. Two hall of fame games released at the same time. Best month in gaming history. If it wasn't for HoMM3 I would have been keeping an eye on EQ before it came out.

Make a poll RPGWatch. What is the best month in gaming history? :)

Code:
if (isMentioned("Mount & Blade II"){
  askFor("story campaign mode");
}

Can't wait but will be 2022 before it's playable.

I like that cities will be more alive.

Code:
if (isMentioned("Mount & Blade II"){
  askFor("story campaign mode");
}
Code:
If IsMentioned("Mount & Blade II") OrElse IsMentioned("Mount & Blade 2") _
Then AskFor(enumBigAsks.StoryCampaignMode)
Civilized that for ya. ;)

Feels like a decade waiting for the sequel. It better be good.

The main reason mount and blade 1 was good was thanks to all the potential mods …
There are already mods for M&B II:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-lord-of-the-rings-mod-kingdoms-of-arda

"As the game is not out yet we have no way to exactly know how moddable the game will be. Therefore this list is subject to change."
That's what I call a dedicated mod community.
So yeah, you are right, it would be madness not to make the game as moddable as the first one.

And it will be. And how much it will be!
https://www.pcgamesn.com/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord/mount-and-blade-2-mods

So basically, no source code, but gameplay scripts and their own dev tools.
Really all one could ask for.

There are already mods for M&B II:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-lord-of-the-rings-mod-kingdoms-of-arda

"As the game is not out yet we have no way to exactly know how moddable the game will be. Therefore this list is subject to change."
That's what I call a dedicated mod community.
So yeah, you are right, it would be madness not to make the game as moddable as the first one.

And it will be. And how much it will be!
https://www.pcgamesn.com/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord/mount-and-blade-2-mods

So basically, no source code, but gameplay scripts and their own dev tools.
Really all one could ask for.

Sounds good :)

Given the first-person format of the game, I don't see how 1,000 soldier combat is superior to 200 soldier combat.

The increase of involved soldiers is one of the common demands (mods provide it)

Considering that armies end fielding more than 1 000 soldiers in a battle, it might also allow to decrease the number of repeated battles to reach that number.

Another thing is that the increased number might also allow strategical depth by adding layers in battle phases. Which is another big demand from players (which was partly added from M&B to M&B:warband)

Given the first-person format of the game, I don't see how 1,000 soldier combat is superior to 200 soldier combat.

Larger battles are cool? Besides that, what Chien said sounds pretty accurate to me.

M&B is probably on my top 3 games in regards to how many hours I've spent on it. It's probably only beaten by Civilization, and then only if you add all the iterations together.

Back
Top Bottom