Seal of Evil now on GameTap

txa1265

SasqWatch
Check it out here:

The Qin armies have subjugated much of China. Lan Wei's province of East Baiyue clings to freedom by a thread. When her father, the chieftain, dies under mysterious circumstances, Lan Wei knows she cannot take his place without adding to her strength. So she sets out with trusted allies, searching for the fabled Empyrean Stones -- a five-part artifact thought to bind the power of a demon's soul…

... but it is only for 'Gold Members' (i.e. those who pay $10 a month). That is why I didn't call it 'news'.

Oh, and the 'games like this' list of stuff on GameTap includes:
- Prince of Qin
- Dragon Throne: Battle of Red Cliffs
- Baldur's Gate
- Baldur's Gate II
- Icewind Dale
- Icewind Dale II
- Darkstone
- Celtic Kings: Rage of War

Interesting. Unfortunately, after playing a few minutes of the demo for SoE, I realized I was too late to the party--if I had got it when it first came out and played it, I might have been able to get over the fuzzy and now dated visuals, and the awful, awful voice acting and work through to the other good points of the game, but at this point in time, there are just too many other better games to play.

AFA the rest of the list, I enjoyed Darkstone a lot--a very challenging back to the basics diablo clone-really primitive graphics though but a lot of actiony meat on the bone. I've heard of Celtic Kings--I have a fuzzy memory it's a realtime game but that's it.

There is also a little known game called "Celtic Tales Balor of the Evil Eye" if you would like something different and don't mind the steep learning curve, then you should try it out. The graphics aren't the best, more cartoony.

It's mostly a strategy game with RPG thrown into the mix. It's over at http://www.abandonia.com/

Edit: Correct link now.

Last edited:
skavenhorde, your link goes to a site about Bible studies. :)

Sorry about that :blush:

Thanks, Gallifrey. That was the link I meant to put. That is the last time I don't cut and paste the link.

Darkstone was an OK 3D Diablo clone back in its time, though the graphics had plenty of edges, literally. And I liked the way my female characters swinged their behinds, especially the Priestess.

Celtic Kings (and its two expansions, but I am not sure of the names, since they were released under several titles for the different regions) are solid RTS with some RPG elements, not to mention they have some innovative to say the least game mechanics, as compared to the usual RTS approach.

Back
Top Bottom