WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
You will have to be a bit careful, and will also most likely have to spend a fair bit of gold to get the funds needed to build both a new army and important structures (such as stables and the archery building) at the same time, but you should be fine. You'll just have to forget buying fancy, magic items for a while.

I think it's just because they can pick up anything they're eligible to get. In fact, you should definitely give them +1 Intelligence as soon as possible, so you can give them things like Outflank, which requires 3 Intelligence.

Those are on the rider, so the rider can help the mount if X happens and the rider has high enough mobility to intercept etc. You should only take those if you have the associated skills, or your DC will be much worse than what your mount already has, which means you have no chance of helping the mount anyway.

I don't think so. A few things do work, though, like Flurry of Blows, Ki Strike Extra Attack and Perfect Strike.

Evil Eye, Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration and Restless Slumber are the most important ones I think. The rest is mostly flavor. Here's a good build though:
https://www.neoseeker.com/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/builds/Ember

Thanks.

Then I think I wasted one feat on Mounted Combat :D
I think it's very odd to have a horse able to scribe scrolls :O

It would be nice if the game didn't put feats that didn't make sense or at least gave a warning.

New question:
1. Can I attack the Gray Garrison before being attacked at Defender's Heart ?

Thanks.
New question:
1. Can I attack the Gray Garrison before being attacked at Defender's Heart ?
Well I'll have to put this in a spoiler.

If you spy on the Estrod Tower Defender's Heart wont be attacked as you know when they will and warned Irabeth. Shocking right but it's the better option.

Also you can't attack the Gray Garrison until you talk with Irabeth to attack.

Well I'll have to put this in a spoiler.

If you spy on the Estrod Tower Defender's Heart wont be attacked as you know when they will and warned Irabeth. Shocking right but it's the better option.

Also you can't attack the Gray Garrison until you talk with Irabeth to attack.

Oh that's odd.
I distinctly remember doing that in the beta and still getting attacked.

Oh that's odd.
I distinctly remember doing that in the beta and still getting attacked.
Well in my play-through..

Irabeth told me she was ready for it and the demons never attacked. She preceded to thank me for the warning and since we had extra supplies gave me a bonus.

Oh that is interesting. This from @Pladio;:

Seelah levelled up to 5 and got an Animal Companion.

In BETA Seelah always had a cool animal companion. I had expected it in the official release but instead the auto-level went with bonded weapon instead (as you can go either way).

In both BETA and OFFICIAL I have gone with auto-level up.

I had assumed for fine-tuning reasons the devs changed Seelah to bond with weapon over companion.

But now Pladio says Seelah went with an animal. So either he is referring to BETA, he decided to over-ride the default level ups, or Seelah levels differently depending on the players chose for a class?

Well in my play-through..

Irabeth told me she was ready for it and the demons never attacked. She preceded to thank me for the warning and since we had extra supplies gave me a bonus.

I just decided to rest and they attacked :D
So maybe I can decide to attack before they do.
I don't know what the consequences would be so maybe I'll reload and try that.

Make sure you keep Gray Garrison for the very last, it ends chapter 1 and you need to complete all the chapter-limited quests first (those with a red hourglass).
True but I still missed the opportunity to attack the traitors at the Tower. That was all on me since once you attack the Gray Garrison the first Act is over and no going back.

No biggie it just meant more enemies to fight that's all.

Oh that is interesting. This from @Pladio;:

Seelah levelled up to 5 and got an Animal Companion.

In BETA Seelah always had a cool animal companion. I had expected it in the official release but instead the auto-level went with bonded weapon instead (as you can go either way).

In both BETA and OFFICIAL I have gone with auto-level up.

I had assumed for fine-tuning reasons the devs changed Seelah to bond with weapon over companion.

But now Pladio says Seelah went with an animal. So either he is referring to BETA, he decided to over-ride the default level ups, or Seelah levels differently depending on the players chose for a class?

I never go auto-level.

Make sure you keep Gray Garrison for the very last, it ends chapter 1 and you need to complete all the chapter-limited quests first (those with a red hourglass).

Some seem to say it's the last chance, but I can't travel to places outside of town, so that's misleading. The only one I am uncertain about is whether the Kaylessa quest continues in Kenabres or later.

Some seem to say it's the last chance, but I can't travel to places outside of town, so that's misleading. The only one I am uncertain about is whether the Kaylessa quest continues in Kenabres or later.
Well once again spoiler incoming.

That quest and a few others can be finished after the first act. Now for Kaylessa if you spared her life that quest has more stages that end in a later Act.

I wont spoil it but the ending is bleak for her and another NPC.

Kaylessa (The Outcast) is fine if you did the 2 first steps and are waiting. In the 2nd chapter, it's still active and they removed the flag, they should have done it earlier after this 2nd step.

That was the only one for me, maybe I missed something else.

The fight always happens. It's just made easier by scouting. The reason some people didn't get the fight is simply that they were ready to attack the keep without resting enough times.

The fight always happens. It's just made easier by scouting. The reason some people didn't get the fight is simply that they were ready to attack the keep without resting enough times.
Yeah so the fight does NOT always happen.

If you are fast enough.

Yeah so the fight does NOT always happen.

If you are fast enough.
True, but I'm fairly certain it's unrelated to the scouting thing. You can assault the keep pretty fast if you're just going for speed.

I prefer to wipe them all - I never once scouted then left them alone. Rather cool to hear how the outcome can be different.

I prefer to wipe them all - I never once scouted then left them alone. Rather cool to hear how the outcome can be different.
I scouted and attacked the tower of estrod, got all the allies and did all the side quests and then attacked.

As I said, one more rest would have triggered the attack.

I finally managed to defeat the army blocking my way to Dezen. My army is now basically just 47 Hellknight with nothing else left.
Okay this does it.
I'll replay the game from the start only for the crusade part in acts 2 and 3.
Screenshot one by one where you'll see just as everyone else that hellknights, at least on normal difficulty, are waste of ress, time, money and especially your nerves.
I made it to the Abyssal city in Act 4 or 5 who the hell knows as the game doesn't tell you. Anyway man I hate it's layout, to much backtracking and moving parts.
It's act 4 and there is not much of annoying backtracking past lower city because the brothel portal you'll unlock connects mid and upper map and there are more other portals to make the exploration fast.
But now Pladio says Seelah went with an animal.
I'm autoleveling companions.
It's my first playthrough and if I wanted micromanaging companions I'd go with storyless mercenaries.
Seelah does not get any animal companion as developers by default did not want her to. She also doesn't become lawful evil nor a ranger or something.

Not that additional "traits" would help me reconsider to keep her in the team A or not.
She's a paladin and in my case she loses her usefulness fast - the game does have a fair share of undead trashmobs where she'd do the job nicely, but nothing that can't be won without her.
A hint - do not kill her as there is a very interesting story to learn about her in later chapters.
If you killed her because you're playing a bloodthirsty character who kills everything (which in chapters 1 and 2 turns out to be the most stupid and least useful choice in each such case), ah well, don't do that in the second playthrough.
You will have to be a bit careful, and will also most likely have to spend a fair bit of gold to get the funds needed to build both a new army and important structures (such as stables and the archery building) at the same time, but you should be fine. You'll just have to forget buying fancy, magic items for a while.
You need to do that in chapter 5.
In chapter 3 it's not needed at all.
Not on normal difficulty.

However, as I've hinted what will happen in chapter 5, before proceeding to chapter 4 a player should build 4 buildings in each outpost.
Three that give +25% on army recruitment (melee, ranged, riders) and one that generates more materials per day.

Upgrading an outpost and building teleport circle plus other stuff is not necessary, but if you can, do that too.
Try to place teleport circle only in outposts close to the west part of the map (Tower of Yeath is the most useful pick for teleport circle).

To sum up.
On normal difficulty I have never bought any fancy item from stores. A few pots and scrolls I did for an ignorable sum. And a diamond for resurrection sakes. ;)
On nightmare difficulty I have no idea, ask JDR.
So, I have actually no objection if you decide to use all the money you have on the crusade needs in chapter 3. Although it's not needed, why the hell not?
But on buildings in outposts and capital, not on units! Especially not on moneywasted hellknights!
Because, remember, you'll have more than a million coins in chapter 5 to spend on fancy +5 outfits and equipment.

-------------------------------------------------

A word of warning.
Chapter 5 is not as polished as previous ones.
There are plenty of bugs everywhere, so I'm gonna suggest to either not rush to it or wait for one more patch or two.
Most of the broken stuff is annoying only and won't stop your progress, but I've stumbled upon an invincible trashmob - you kill it and it revives, rincerepeat till doomsday.
If you just started chapter 5, concentrate only on crusade, it's not bugged. But leave the party at home for a while.

Last edited:
Okay this does it.
I'll replay the game from the start only for the crusade part in acts 2 and 3.
Screenshot one by one where you'll see just as everyone else that hellknights, at least on normal difficulty, are waste of ress, time, money and especially your nerves.

How is more damage a waste? In act 2, you can maximize every unit as long as you don't go beyond the first batch of mercenaries every week.

You need to do that in chapter 5.
In chapter 3 it's not needed at all.
Not on normal difficulty.
I was referring to the fact that he basically has no army now, so yes, he will need to do that to replenish it.

Basically, world map combat in WotR is very similar to HoMM. The goal is to get a massive hammer of an army that can defeat enemies in only a few rounds, and with minimal losses, so you can snowball it. If you lose most of that army, rebuilding it is rather costly and time consuming.

For example, there's a big level 6 demon south of the city in Act 3, which gives 200 resources per day if you beat it. Level 6 is fairly low, but unfortunately, the enemy general comes with a Lightning spell that will destroy 50-70 clerics per round, or about 200 archers (on Core difficulty). Any kind of prolonged encounter there is going to set you back months of in-game time, which means it's not worth it, even if it might seem worth it from a financial point of view. It's only worth it once the army is strong enough to beat it with few to no losses.

Back
Top Bottom