Skyrim Skyrim Premium Edition

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A listing on Amazon.de reveals plans for a premium edition of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim coming to retail. This lists a December 7th release date and contents that include a world map, a t-shirt, a novel, postcards, and a disc full of music, and a walkthrough.

Eurogamer has a confirmation from Bethesda that this is a real product, and that it's coming to the U.K as well, so it seems safe to presume it's coming to all territories.

I smell a way to make more money and still release a game of the year when all the dlc is finished. Maybe there taking a clue from Bioware and make every buyer purchase the DLC separately no matter what. Time will tell.

Links-
1. http://www.amazon.de/The-Elder-Scrolls-Premium-Edition/dp/B009X9QP8A
2. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-29-skyrim-premium-edition-out-dec-doesnt-have-dlc

Last edited:
Yes, it has been officially announced today. DLCs are not included!

If someone didn't have the game yet, I'd say this might be fairly cool. Still, I'd think that most who will purchase Skyrim, have already done so. This would seem to be a niche product for collectors. Time will tell....

Maybe they wanted to have a new SKU in the shops for Christmas.

As someone who feels personally screwed by EA for the cost of the Mass Effect 2 DLC, this really annoys me.

Skyrim still have DLCs coming though.

Wow. That's a fantastic package though. Lots of goodies. I will consider buying this.

I'm not buying any additions. My Steam game is on hold till they patch quests. Didn't buy any DLC yet and probably never will because of that.

Yeah, at this point they've lost my interest. Shallow overpriced DLC, no expansion, and unfixed quest bugs. And now this geek junk pack? Sigh… I guess it's time to uninstall it.

I haven't gotten it yet.

I'm waiting for the GOTY version w/DLCs.

Luckily I'm pretty patient.

Well, I always bought the games right when they came out and the GOTY packs when that came out. I'll keep it like that.

Although I once managed to get a Morrowind shirt just because of preordering, but that was an accident. The shirt was ugly (unfortunately not ugly enough to fit the beauty of MW's in-game clothes) and didn't fit so I gave it away. Oh yes, and Skyrim came with a surprise game music CD.

Sounds like they are trying to give a little prod to players who are still on the fence about buying the game.

And no, you are not forced to buy DLC. I've got no interest in getting either one of them for my second play-through.

P.S. Uninstall Skyrim? Why bother? With today's drives, it seems kinda pointless.

P.S. Uninstall Skyrim? Why bother? With today's drives, it seems kinda pointless.

hehehe. I didn't uninstall Skyrim...but I did uninstall mods at some point. Just re-installed most of them though.

Yeah, another Skyrim play session. I can't say playthrough, I never finished any of the quest lines despite spending over 140 hours in the game.

Back
Top Bottom