Upcoming games that you're hyped for.

But you still play them I bet ;)
Sometimes but some of them no. It depends on my mood and the developer. Just look at my hate for Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor, and the bullshit reasons for why.

Sometimes but some of them no. It depends on my mood and the developer. Just look at my hate for Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor, and the bullshit reasons for why.

Hehe, well, that game has a lot of problems :)

But it's not exactly a SP game, in my opinion.

Phoenix Point is high on my list as well. Gotta love the Gollop brothers, even if only one of them is working on this one :)

Btw, both Elex and Risen 3 have quite low system requirements all things considered, if you didn't know.

Yeah, they do run, but they stutter quite a bit and that's on low to medium settings. I have a 765M so I am a few generations behind. I'd like to play them at good settings and framerates :)

Yeah, they do run, but they stutter quite a bit and that's on low to medium settings. I have a 765M so I am a few generations behind. I'd like to play them at good settings and framerates :)

I fully understand - and you should :)

But it's not exactly a SP game, in my opinion.
Yet a gamer can cheat and the data is not all server- side so it's technically not a full MP either. Also they went this route because patching was a bitch in Van Helsing.

Link - https://www.cheathappens.com/55358-PC-Warhammer-40K-Inquisitor-Martyr-trainer

And who can forget this bullshit smug reason.

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/app/527430/discussions/0/1473095965291684995/
In 1999, I craved offline only gaming because I did not want to ring my parents' phone bill so far up, and internet was unreliable back then. Nowadays, not so much. Following other titles, it became clear that online only is the way to go. We will do our absolute best to keep the gaming experience fluid and intact throughout the lifespan of the game.
Yeah Offline SP games are dead. Sorry for the off-topic rant of mine.:cool:

Yet a gamer can cheat and the data is not all server- side so it's technically not a full MP either. Also they went this route because patching was a bitch in Van Helsing.

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/app/527430/discussions/0/1473095965291684995/

Oh, of course they could create a separate SP version of the game - and then maintain separate patch branches and what not. That's just quite the hassle - and online-only gives them much more anti-cheating control (even if some people figure out a way to get around it) - as well as the not at all insignificant anti-piracy advantage.

Hellgate London tried to do that, and it became a major issue for the developers, including significant delays and rather severe financial issues.

Of course, they were already in a bit of a bind, but still.

And who can forget this bullshit smug reason.
Yeah Offline SP games are dead. Sorry for the off-topic rant of mine.:cool:

Hehe, I'd rather not get into that here.

Let's agree to disagree!

That said, I wouldn't say "online-only" is the only way to go - but for Martyr, I think it makes a lot of sense.

Too bad the game itself is completely unfinished.

That's just quite the hassle - and online-only gives them much more anti-cheating control (even if some people figure out a way to get around it).
Ant-cheating control sorry just look at my link above for a legal way to cheat.
Let's agree to disagree!
Gladly as to many threads fall into an endless debate.:biggrin:
Too bad the game itself is completely unfinished.
That I can agree on as the console version was delayed for this reason.

Anyway back on topic as said before I'm mostly looking forward to playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker in August. Hopefully all the hype generated by purpleblob was not in vain.

Anyway back on topic as said before I'm mostly looking forward to playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker in August. Hopefully all the hype generated by purpleblob was not in vain.

I'm definitely coming after her if it's not at least as great as PoE 2 ;)

I knew I forgot some. Better late than never, right?
Add Pathfinder and VC4 to my can't wait list.
Hopefully that's it. For now.

Hi Darth!

My little list :)

PC Games

-Cyberpunk 2077, of course :) (I'll have to build myself a more powerful PC here, but I guess I'll have plenty of time to do that :p);
-The major "XCOM2-like" ones: Phoenix Point (which I backed), Mutant Year Zero and Phantom Doctrine;
-Wasteland 3 (backed);
-Bard's Tale IV (backed);
-Wolcen (backed);
-Metro Exodus
-And to a lesser extent, The System Shock remake (6 months ago this game would be high on my list but after some "issues" with the development, and though I backed it, it quickly fell down on my list) and Age of Empires IV.

PS4 Games

-The Last of Us Part II;
-Days Gone;
-Red Dead Rdemption 2;
-Resident Evil 2 remake
-And to a lesser extent, Final Fantasy 7 remake.

Hi Darth!

My little list :)

PC Games

-Cyberpunk 2077, of course :) (I'll have to build myself a more powerful PC here, but I guess I'll have plenty of time to do that :p);
-The major "XCOM2-like" ones: Phoenix Point (which I backed), Mutant Year Zero and Phantom Doctrine;
-Wasteland 3 (backed);
-Bard's Tale IV (backed);
-Wolcen (backed);
-Metro Exodus
-And to a lesser extent, The System Shock remake (6 months ago this game would be high on my list but after some "issues" with the development, and though I backed it, it quickly fell down on my list) and Age of Empires IV.

PS4 Games

-The Last of Us Part II;
-Days Gone;
-Red Dead Rdemption 2;
-Resident Evil 2 remake
-And to a lesser extent, Final Fantasy 7 remake.

Some very good choices, I must say ;)

I agree with nearly all of them and, as I mentioned, I share your sentiment about System Shock Remake.

Still waiting for the Red Dead Redemption 2 official PC announcement. I also forgot to add Dying Light 2 just because it looked more immersive, and has better quests.
I agree with nearly all of them and, as I mentioned, I share your sentiment about System Shock Remake.
Wasn't their some updates about how it was delayed and about an engine switch?

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on that computer announcement for Red Dead Redemption the second. Though, I wouldn't mind if they make it just to prove me wrong =p

I'm looking forward to Banner Saga the third, Bard's Tale the fourth, and Underworld Ascendant. To a lesser degree, I'll probably also grab Disagae the fifth once it is out for the computer, simply to support the effort since I already have the game for my Switch.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on that computer announcement for Red Dead Redemption the second. Though, I wouldn't mind if they make it just to prove me wrong =p
I know but there was a leak that got taken down about the PC version, but yeah RockStar has not really cared about PC gaming in a while. Console first PC second.

Though you can stream Red Dead Redemption on the PC with PlayStation Now.

Stream inferior graphics to a machine that can basically fly? You crazy? Who pays for that bs?
How about I stream you some hairworks instead.

Stream inferior graphics to a machine that can basically fly? You crazy? Who pays for that bs?
Don't ask me just saying you could if you wanted to.:p

I'm definitely coming after her if it's not at least as great as PoE 2 ;)

I'm not hyping anything - it's a fantastic game!

However, I cannot be accounted for individuals taste :p just look at Silver Coin :rolleyes:

As far as games for that I'll play on day 1 and not simply add to the backlog for later, probably just Bard's Tale IV. It looks like something fresh, that isn't too "weighty". So many games, albeit probably good RPGs, I just can't muster myself to start up playing because I've been there, done that so many times.

Back
Top Bottom