DA:O Dragon Age: Silliness

Dragon Age: Origins

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
Funny stuff in the game - intentional and otherwise...

One of the hints at the top of the loading screen when going into a new area:
"When in doubt, go for the eyes!"
(Yeah, I might try that if I had a minature giant space hamster on the team.)

Yeah, I guess you could call this a simple haircut.

After a certain part of the game that required new clothes to be worn, and because one of my characters original equipment could only be equipped in a certain order (stats requirement). The game failed to re-equip the character and the ensuing serious conversation was interrupted by the individual standing in just his pants with his sword strapped to his back.

I liked the part of the game that required no clothes to be worn!! :)

I think the Mabari war hound literally marking his territory is kinda silly! It's cool tho in a way, how they implemented it - the hound marking his territory gives him bonuses when fighting on that map, since he's the dominant or "top dog".

Pretty cool and well thought out - yet a little bit silly. I like it!

You'll also find quite a few WoW/MMO references.

If you support Lord Harrowmont, Prince Behlen will attack you. Outside the Assembly, the announcer will talk about the attack, and then call it an "epic fail".

I just had the random encounter where you come across an older couple as they find a baby in a meteorite.

A very obvious reference to Superman.

I just had the random encounter where you come across an older couple as they find a baby in a meteorite.

A very obvious reference to Superman.

Beat me to it! Nice touch I thought.

Did you take the meteorite to a smith yet and have it forged? I've been wondering what can be made with it.

I thought it was funny and a direct wink of an eye to the player, when you intercept/run into another adventuring party (that are delivering a message about a blood mage to the Chantry) and intimidate them to not finish their quest, the leader says "we were only doing it for the experience" (or something like it).

Not really silliness, but I like the "sound-like" names like Chastind (Chastened) and Brecilian forest ( to me sounds like Brazilian forest.)

Last edited:
NWN2 actually had another adventuring party that you could mentor and they would head out on adventures. That was great!

BioWare's running joke with the "venture forth" bit still gives me grins. Two or three more games with jokes like that and it will make up for the painful memories of BG's dreaded "you must gather your party before venturing forth" messages. <shudder>

Not sure if folks heard this but you often had your main say "my warden sense is tingling" aka spiderman.

Shale when waking up from "unconsciousness" : " *Sigh* Being out in the rain for so long must have slowed me down."

and, to Wynne: "What does the old mage say?" upon which Wynne replies: "I wish you wouldn't define me by my age."
Shale's retort: Ok, then ; what does the fussy mage say?"
Wynne: " *Sigh* . I give up."

Heh, and more Shale. I can't remember exactly how he was irritating Morrigan, whom he calls the "Swamp Witch", but he was working on her nerves and wouldn't back down. Of course, Shale has a holy hatred of birds, and always wants to hunt them down and squish them. (See the chicken he squished?)

..so when he really irritates Morrigan, she starts going: "Shall I turn myself into a bird? You know, I can do that…" upon which Shale quickly backs down: "Ok, ok, sorry, I won't say another word. Just forget I said anything… " (or something to that effect)

Shale when waking up from "unconsciousness" : " *Sigh* Being out in the rain for so long must have slowed me down."

and, to Wynne: "What does the old mage say?" upon which Wynne replies: "I wish you wouldn't define me by my age."
Shale's retort: Ok, then ; what does the fussy mage say?"
Wynne: " *Sigh* . I give up."

Hehe. Ironic, considering _she's_ the one constantly refering to her own "old bones" etc.

I brought Oghren along in my party's trip into the Deep roads and Morrigan was complaining of him been smelly, dirty mouth (asking her ever shape-shifting when doing "it" and how it feel…), and annoyed at him of pawing her by deliberately tripping himself when travelling along.

Mass Dragon Effect Age

8515339167210320.jpg

Back
Top Bottom