The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Anyone know the skinny on Lagbar Festival? Is it over, meaning we can run our TRv2.0 toons as planned?

Also, how many are we tonight?

'Professional Souls Stone'……. I like that expression, but I thought that was your description of ME!! :)
Meant to comment on this, but kinda forgot. You haven't made pro status yet, Corwin. Still amateur ranks for you.

You should still work on getting it sorted with them, so when the sale does hit that you want you won't miss out again.

Yes. You are right.

@dte : Yes, Mabar is over.

Next stop : Festivult ! ;)

Well, I must say that I feel a little bit "burned out" on DDO … I think I'll take a slower time now.

It's probably parttly because I've found "a new, shiny thing" that's called SWTOR, but I also feel a bit like I have seen so much now …

But first, I'll buy 2 or 3 new characters slots. :) I really want to try out other classes, too … :)

Yes, okay. Thank you for your patience with me. :)

Besides, the Mad Scientist in me has developed an incredibly … crazy plan : An Halfling Barbarian ! Muhahaha ! :D

If I distribute the points manually, then this should be feasible. I need to put extra points into strength, and into constitution … Due to his Dragonmark he should be able to self-heal to some extend … :)

The Halfling has good saves, I think. He gets a few boni which I personally find useful. :)

Even more crazy is my thought of developing an multiclass Halfling Barbarian who goes into the direction of either Cleric or Paladin or Favoured Soul … Bard not so much.

I would miss the Capstone, but it would be a character who can self-heal to some extend … Muahaha ! :D

I need to learn *a lot* more about multiclassing, though. I don't want to make mistakes (or at least not big ones).

Yes, I know. I just added it for completeness' sake.

Okay, Jadaram 'Squeak Of Fury" is now live ! He roams the early Harbour area …

His build is quite a fun build. Looking back I think that I should have rather chosen Fighter than Barbarian, but … Well … I take this character now as he is, and take a look at what he might become. ;)

He is currently : 1 level Barbarian, 2 levels Cleric, 1 of 2 levels Rogue, I plan to do the rest Barbarian again.

Yes, this is a "fun build". I wanted him to be able to self-heal to some extend, that's why I took this build, plus because of the Rogue's Evasion.

I really wanted to have a few levels Fighter as well, but … then I think now that I should have begun with the Fighter class in the first place.

If you do a triple class toon it's usually a good idea to build them 12/6/2. The reason is that you can then get the tier 2 prestige class of your main class and tier 1 prestige class of your second class and some abilities of your third class.

You could e. g. have barbarian 12 / cleric 6 / rogue 2.

With cleric 6 you can pick radiant burst. That is decent burst group healing. Level 6 cleric means you get level 1-3 spells so you get remove disease, remove curse, resist energy and 3 separate curing spells. 2 levels of rogue is good for evasion and skills.

If you build it well you can do some traps as well.

It's usually a good idea to be pure arcanes or divines or max 2 splash levels. That means you get all spell levels.

I'm not sure what 2 levels of cleric can give you besides cure light wounds. A better choice could have been to e. g. be a half elf with favored soul (charisma) or cleric (wisdom) dilettante. If you take 3 dilettante levels you can use scrolls as a level 10. That means you have 95% chance to cast heal scrolls or use heal wands.

A good build could be to have 18 level of barbarian and 2 levels of monk (for evasion) and use the wisdom needed for monk to be a cleric dilettante. Then you get the healing ability you want.

Azraelck is much better than me to see how you can make good half-elf builds so maybe he can suggest something.

Thank you. Yes, I orioginally only wanted to have Cure Light Wounds, but you are right, of course. It would be much better for me if I'd take more levels of that class.

I really only wanted the Evasion from the Rogue. Especially as I couldn't find it among the "purchaseable" feats.

Edt : But another problem has arrived : The running animation ! It ctually looks much rather than a string puppet's running ... I know, because I've had a string puppet when I was a teenager, and I saw it in TV, too.

When I look the Halfling Barbrian from behind while he is running, it really looks to me as if a string puppet was running through Stormreach - which is totally immersion-breaking for me. I really can't play this as it is now, it just looks too ugly for me.

But I still have 2 other slots open. ;)

Strip him down to nothing and put it all in the bank, or at least all you can, hit delete and rebuild so you enjoy it. I have deleted more sad builds then I can count. I just dont do a guild invite for any of them til I am way sure I want to keep and run them.

The "ain't got no knees" running animation is surprisingly common. I've seen it on halflings, dwarves, and warforged so far. The halfling is very bad, but the warforged is actually worse.

Well, I should be lucky that I was playing Elves and Drows exclusively until now.
The Halfling is really "swaying from side to side", too. This isn't so much what disturbed me, but the - as you cll it - "no knees" animation, that's what i find so awful. Personally.
I sent this in as a bug report.
Perhaps you should do it s well, if you really consider this as bad. They can't chnge what they don't know about.
And I trust your way of wording things. ;)

I think the "monkey knuckles on the ground" look they have when in sneak mode is even worse....that and the way the half-orc dances........that one makes me laugh. ;)

I'd like to report I've finally got Maenya's Fist after the 23rd run of "Eyes of Stone"! Had a PUG group run it on Elite/Hard/Normal and everytime with the rogue in our group the fist popped up.

I'd also like to tell a story of Friday nights PUG group run I did for Undermine. We were about done with the quest when at the end chest 2 of us were left while everyone else had left the quest. We go to the chest and open to see if anything is good and BOOM out of nowhere something explodes. Someone in the group had planted one of those bombs nearby and left. We both died and I thought to myself why would someone do that...very frustrating and annoying. I decided to call it a night and relax a bit. Sorry I couldn't join in the watch run...it was a mistake to choose the PUG group that night.

Uh-oh. I have read in a thread in the DDO forums about "pranks" people like to play, that this is one some people actually do.

And people still wonder why I refuse to join PUGS!!

Back
Top Bottom