What games are you playing now?

I still need to play some of the M&M series. I have World of Xeen and #6 sitting on my shelf…

Same here, I bought the M&M Platinum Collection awhile back, but have never finished any of them.

Right now I'm playing a little game called "vacation". It's taking place on the island of Kauai. ;)

Seconded! Drakensang 2 is one of the few games in the immediate future in which I have any interest. How does it compare to the first? Please, tell me the engine has been better optimized…

Optimize Drakensang? What an odd thing to say. That game looked damn good for the surprisingly light weight system requirements.

Nice… this is the 4th year in a row we've been to Hawaii. My GF and I both have relatives here (Oahu & Maui), and she grew up on Oahu. Ever eat at the Tip Top Cafe in Lihue?

Last edited:
Optimize Drakensang? What an odd thing to say. That game looked damn good for the surprisingly light weight system requirements.

Aye, visually it was quite good. Truth be told, I enjoyed the aesthetic they went for, even moreso than BioWare's DA. Having said as much, it was a drag on memory if played for an extended amount of time, particularly when making rapid switches between NPC-heavy areas.
At least, such was my experience.

I'm a player, man.

I had zero performance problems with Drakensang. It ran VERY smooth, and that alone impressed me to no end. THis is with 1GB DDR5 GPU memory, and 4 GB RAM.

I had zero performance problems with Drakensang. It ran VERY smooth, and that alone impressed me to no end. this is with 1GB DDR5 GPU memory, and 4 GB RAM.

That is likely the pivotal factor right there. I too was running a 4GB RAM machine at the time, yet my GPU was an older 512MB 8800.
In any case, further optimization would be nice. Perhaps not strictly necessary, given the bare-bones requirements of the Nebula Device, but certainly a bonus.

Played a little Warhammer 40k II today, was pretty fun. I like the direction that the series turned w/ it's "RPG elements" thing. Already beat it once, so I'm playing it thru on the harder difficulty - it became a little easy there towards the end last time. Max out your force commander's melee + pump up sniper Cyrus as much as possible, you can pretty much steamroll to end game.

This time around, I'm thinking I'll hang FC back w/ the other ranged and employ Assault Marines far more, I literally didnt use them last time unless I had to.

Also tested out Dragon Age on the new rig - looks unbelieveable. Going to have to get Draconia back into action proper tonight. Maybe I'm weird, but I love RPG gaming by candlelight. I should get some torches on either side of my pc or something.

I should get some torches on either side of my pc or something.
Thanks for that one, mate, made me laugh! Few things go together so well as computers and fire. Especially new computers. :lol:

...or is the joke on me? Was that some sort of twisted mind-game you just played? You know, using Brit-speak to confuse us all, wherein "torch" means "flashlight" though there is little reason that it should?

Replaying BG1 on the BG2 engine with BG1 TUTU. Is it me or does TUTU up the droprate of magical items (by default)?

Was surprised to find that Knights of the Old Republic is netbook friendly ...

... and grabbed Dungeon Lords CE for $5 on Impulse ... yeah, I have issues ;)

@mad hatter - No i actually mean torches, as in "oh look, theyre coming over the hill w/ torches and pitchforks!"

I just finished up Titan Quest on Epic now to see if I want to try it on Legendary. Or...I could try a new character or I could finally get around to the Witcher or Drakensang :)

@mad hatter - No i actually mean torches, as in "oh look, theyre coming over the hill w/ torches and pitchforks!"

My husband almost always refers to my computer room as my "cave." As in, "So, you gonna be in your cave all night, then?" I probably could use some torches, too.

Still on Gothic 3 CP1.73. Big game for a busy guy. Just made it into Nordmar. Spent all evening yesteday running circles around the first Rhino herd I encountered and clearing out Ejnars grave.

Back
Top Bottom