Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition: Interview @ Gamebanshee

I have all the infinity games including Torment running in Widescreen already - 1360x768. I'm not sure what all this excitement is about? The widescreen mod these days runs great and its simple to install. BGTutu is pretty easy to install for BG1.

I have all the infinity games including Torment running in Widescreen already - 1360x768. I'm not sure what all this excitement is about? The widescreen mod these days runs great and its simple to install. BGTutu is pretty easy to install for BG1.

Have you followed the list of changes? It's more than just BG in widescreen.

I saw the references to new content, but since they tend to list it after the graphical and interface enhancements I figure its minor. I could be wrong though. Hope I am.

Running the game at low resolutions and using your monitors scaling sucks in terms of usability. Running the game in a lower resolution window at 1080p is not possible because everything ends up incredibly tiny. The game is, simply, unacceptable on current systems and as resolutions increase it's only going to get worse. There really is no reason to pretend otherwise.

I saw the references to new content, but since they tend to list it after the graphical and interface enhancements I figure its minor. I could be wrong though. Hope I am.

Yeah, they aren't major changes but considering that I'd play it again with no changes and have several times with and without mods.

I will welcome something a little different. Assuming they do it right and don't create any new bugs.I'm picturing a game that looks better and has some additional content. I guess that's enough to get me a little excited. It is 1 of my all time favorite games after all.

I'm really hoping it works out as i'd love to see IWD EE. I liked those a little better than BG's as i'm more combat focused than story focused in these kinds of games.

Yeah, they aren't major changes but considering that I'd play it again with no changes and have several times with and without mods.

I will welcome something a little different. Assuming they do it right and don't create any new bugs.I'm picturing a game that looks better and has some additional content. I guess that's enough to get me a little excited. It is 1 of my all time favorite games after all.

I'm really hoping it works out as i'd love to see IWD EE. I liked those a little better than BG's as i'm more combat focused than story focused in these kinds of games.

Even though I agree with Todd on having played all the Infinity games at 1360x768 with the font enlarging mod and they look really good, I will buy any improvement associated to this game.

So hopeful that the Enhanced Edition is going to be a lot more than just higher resolutions as it's main selling point.

But you also have to consider that a lot of the possible buyers are people who didn't play the game before and for whom the graphics were a reason why they did not look into it yet.

Back
Top Bottom