BioWare - Working on Small Secret Project

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Thanks to RPG Codex I have news that BioWare is developing a new game with Failbetter Games. Here are the details from the website.
Most Secret

Keeping secrets doesn’t come naturally to us. We are excitable: we love our work: we love talking about our work.

But for the last year, on and off, we’ve been working in absolute secrecy on a project for a much larger company. When we’ve gone quiet for no obvious reason, it’s because we’ve been heads-down on this. When I’ve mentioned that we don’t take client work any more, with rare exceptions, this is the rare exception.

We’ve finally been allowed to lift one corner of the veil. I can’t tell you anything at all about the project – not for a little while yet – except to say that it’s a Failbettery one, down to its bones. But I can tell you the name of the company:

BioWare.

We are thrilled about this. We can’t wait to say more.
More information.

I have dabbled in some Fallen London in the past so I am intrigued... Bioware however still needs to earn my respect back after DA2 and MA3.

Never even heard of them, but a quick google search told me they've made at least one browser game. BioWare tried that in the past (the Dragon Age thing), but never succeeded. I guess this project could be interesting, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Failbetter is probably making a milk-em-and-run phonegame.

I am certain it will be... MOBA with DA's characters vs ME's! windows phone's exclusive!

Yappy birds.
Navigate hawke through an epic series of romance dialogues with real choices and consequences[TM] in this windows tablet exclusive.

(Choice and consequence sold as seperate dlc's.)

Yappy birds.
Navigate hawke through an epic series of romance dialogues with real choices and consequences[TM] in this windows tablet exclusive.

(Choice and consequence sold as seperate dlc's.)

I want more posts like this on the forum!

I'm glad bioware is outsourcing the Phone/Browser game stuff. That way they can focus on whatever AAA-fail they plan to develop next.

Bioware is STILL a company to brag about working alongside of? They killed the DA franchise with 2, pissed off an entire fandom with ME3 (I quit after ME1) and their Star Wars MMO crashed and burned....and these jokers are still somehow out there, existing and such?

Hey, good for them. Hope the second half of the game, which will be released via paid DLC, sells well enough to keep them from becoming EA's left teet.

I sense a lot of cynicism here for our first world gamer problems. DA2 was great I think! Besides, I think without DA2 we wouldn't have a DA:Inquisition to look forward to.

I would rather they didn't develop DA2 at all, I'm totally ok with missing out on DA:I ^^

Assuming it's even a game may be a mistake. I remember on the BioWare forums a few years ago they amped everyone up with the hype machine (I think they even had a countdown clock) and it turned out to be a short anime movie.

I would rather they didn't develop DA2 at all, I'm totally ok with missing out on DA:I ^^

So let me see if I got this... you didn't like DA2? :D

Assuming it's even a game may be a mistake. I remember on the BioWare forums a few years ago they amped everyone up with the hype machine (I think they even had a countdown clock) and it turned out to be a short anime movie.

Yes that was a BioWare classic. Their marketing machine implied a great giveaway to "their loyal fans around the world" when the countdown clock hit 0, so fans around the world spent a month speculating about a possible new IP reveal, invites, items, demos, even free DLC perhaps (this in the 'Biodrone' fan era, ie before BioWare openly declared war on its customers). Instead the clock hit 0 and …the site crashed under the weight of clicks fueling even more fevered speculation for another few hours.

When the site eventually came back up, everyone found that instead of DA or ME goodies for all, there was a some dubious little auction of largely useless items (the best being a single notebook, but mostly marketing T shirts/posters etc), and even this was limited to US fans only (excluding Florida). And the 'currency' for this auction was to be clicks, meaning those people that spammed the highest number of their their friends into clicking some bsn link got the most auction currency. When the auction was concluded someone worked out that because of professional farmers, something like 1000+ clicks were needed to even be eligible to bid for a T-shirt (bid, not win). Happy days!

Bioware are masters at hyping, that is their way to stay in the business.

Back
Top Bottom