Spiderweb Games - View From the Bottom #6 @ RPG Vault

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Spiderweb's Jeff Vogel has written his 6th View From the Bottom column for RPG Vault, again writing about MMORPGs:
So, if you haven't played a massively multiplayer game yet, you will soon be the only one. Loser. And, since you're probably feeling left out and are considering experiencing the massively multiplayerlyness for yourself, this is a rough, informal guide to the various stages of your time in fantasyland will be like. Forewarned is forearmed.
More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
the link brings me to a forbidden message that calls me a loser. It hurt my feelings.

I agree, I thought it was the losers who play MMO's :biggrin:

The link in the thread is broken but at the 'more info' it works fine ... odd, eh?

OK, both are fine now :)

Last edited:
I think the best comment was:
If you ever feel like quitting and living your life, go with it. Because the compulsion to play lasts a lot longer than the fun does.

I quit before I started grouping ... before my 14 day trial expired ... and I have no regrets.

no love for the MMORPG crowd!

It's not all bad, sheez. It is what you make of it.

Sounds like someone's grown a little bitter and resentful from life at "the bottom"

Or maybe just run out of things to blab about and figured he'd write an easy, stereotypical rant on an easy foe. The next one will be something along the lines of "My Wasted Time in Oblivion".

Waiting with bated breath

Last edited:
I've played the trial versions of WoW, DnD Online, and CoV. In each case, I quit after reaching the second town, and learning that the game never moved beyond the "kill 10 antelopes" type of quest. I won't grind. (Don't ask me.)

I generally find them wry, witty and satirical ... but I didn't get that so much this time around. He's just lost in WoW and trying to explain it to all of us who don't 'get it'.

Back
Top Bottom