The Witcher Netflix series begins production.

Poster for the show

fxgg44qt8p731.jpg

Edit: One sword be course book...

wanderer-above-the-sea-of-fog.jpg

Caspar David Friedrich - Wanderer above the Sea of Fog

Dunno why exactly, but my reaction on the poster is:
Meh.

Probably spoiled by vistas in the game. For example:

Witcher3_Mountains.jpg

Even the Wanderer painting has an opposition in the game:

Witcher-3-Screencap.jpg

Cavill is looking promising…

Ciri is not what I imaged she would but but she is definitely looks interesting.

They

D-Ze2F8XkAEdvy7.png

The-Witcher-on-Netflix-Henry-Cavill%E2%80%99s-Geralt-gives-first-look.jpg

Unfortunately Yennefer is completely off the mark i think…
YCWsBLAeGeEz5jH5CEf633-1200-80.jpg

Unfortunately Yennefer is completely off the mark i think…

So was Craig as a blonde-hair blue-eyed Bond, and Sackhoff as a female Starbuck. Those getting triggered makes for a good chuckle.

3ftW01X.jpg

MQbQERr.gif

Uh… so no one is allowed to have an opinion on the cast?

There's no laws stopping them that i'm aware of?

There's also no laws against pointing out that an actor's picture is a ridiculous metric to base a judgement on. "Looks before acting ability" is a similar argument to "graphics before gameplay". If it was important, then these ratings should be illogical:

pLD4zZz.jpg

Is the acting good? Is the story good? Is the directing good? If they aren't, then i'll be complaining.

Last edited:
Good thing there are no laws against overreacting either. ;)

Lostforever didn't say "She looks nothing like my idea of Yennefer, therefore I bet she can't act for shit!" So why respond as if he said something like that?

He obviously has his own preconceived notion of what Yennefer looks like, probably from the games, but maybe from the books too, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. He didn't say he wasn't going to watch the show because of it.

Good thing there are no laws against overreacting either. ;)

You might want to rethink that one… :lol:

Lostforever didn't say "She looks nothing like my idea of Yennefer, therefore I bet she can't act for shit!" So why respond as if he said something like that?

To get you and the rest of this thread riled up, obviously! And make you respond by addressing an argument with a completely different argument… :p

He obviously has his own preconceived notion of what Yennefer looks like, probably from the games, but maybe from the books too, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. He didn't say he wasn't going to watch the show because of it.

Ok for real this time though. My reply was directed towards the general response on twitter. Lostforever's post was related to the subject matter and just happened seed the response, regardless of how wide or narrow his reasons be.

Also I changed my mind:

Uh… so no one is allowed to have an opinion on the cast?

I declare no one is allowed to have an opinion on the cast, because fans usually have shit abilities for casting. I have spoken, and it is made so.

You might want to rethink that one… :lol:.

Why?

To get you and the rest of this thread riled up, obviously! And make you respond by addressing an argument with a completely different argument… :p.

And how did I do that exactly?

Ok for real this time though. My reply was directed towards the general response on twitter. Lostforever's post was related to the subject matter and just happened seed the response, regardless of how wide or narrow his reasons be..

Then you probably should have made that clear instead of making it seem like you were attacking his statement? When you quote someone directly, it's going to be assumed that everything following that quote is being directed specifically at that person unless you clarify otherwise. Just saying. ;)

Sorry not reading through all those threads but will we get Triss at all?

There's no laws stopping them that i'm aware of?
"Looks before acting ability" is a similar argument to "graphics before gameplay".
Is the acting good? Is the story good? Is the directing good? If they aren't, then i'll be complaining.
As I've said many times over, how an established character looks on film is critical for me. If they don't fit, it takes me right out and makes it unwatchable. Black Deadshot, black Starfire, skinny Wonder Woman, and the ultimate wtf.. black and white Johnny and Susan Storm (they're twins). Daredevil is a ginger! Acting is a plus, but the look is paramount.

Back
Top Bottom