The TV Series discussion thread

That doesn't say much.
Besides, it's low on drama part. It's a thriller. And also it's scifi and western and noir, even horror sometimes, yea… But only traces of drama. That's why it's so good.
I have no idea why some didn't like the second season. I loved it. Then again, here we do replay games where previously good MC in the next playthrough is evil. I guess some people aren't really used to seeing such drastic shifts on screen.

The Good Place ended last night, and I'll miss the show. I don't watch many comedies, but that one lured me in with both the premise/cast, and it didn't let me down. The ending was pretty good. =)

The Good Place ended last night, and I'll miss the show. I don't watch many comedies, but that one lured me in with both the premise/cast, and it didn't let me down. The ending was pretty good. =)

We watched some of the first season but never really clicked ... heard it got much better especially starting with S2, but hard to go back ...

I just finished the first episode today. My, very impressive!

Have you seen all episodes? Were they all that good?
The entire season was very intriguing. Each episode was a bit different but all were talk worthy. I.e. There were things to discuss with my wife about.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I certainly didn't expect this. TV shows by Marvel on Disney+?

Sign me in for the third one. I thought it was supposed to be a movie.

I certainly didn't expect this. TV shows by Marvel on Disney+?

Sign me in for the third one. I thought it was supposed to be a movie.

Why wouldn’t you expect that? Disney owns marvel. That’s why we wont see anymore series on Netflix.

Because I've expected the so called Paramount Decree reworded and applied onto studios that own streaming platforms.
Why is the law so slow or stupid? Down with exclusivity horrors. And geoblocking ofc but that's another story.

Ok, I've watched all three episodes now of the newest Star Trek show, and I'm done with it. Unless someone tells me it vastly improves in future episodes, and honestly I don't even see how that's possible. Seriously, if you enjoyed Star Trek back when it was good and worth watching (basically, before ST: D), stay as far away from this thing as you possibly can.

I have to make a different suggestion.

The new show is *not* TNG2. If you can accept Federation got corrupt from inside at one point and then watch a show that will obviously try to sort that out for more than one episode, go for it. If you are more of a traditionalist type where nothing could ever shake Federation in a drastic way, then it might be better not to touch this show.
No, parasites from Conspiracy episode aren't the culprit. As I said, this ain't no TNG2. It's a brand new format.

----------------------------------------------

Locke&Key should "unlock" tomorrow on Netflix. Already mentioned, it's an adaptation of the masterpiece 6part comic. I hope they didn't ruin it and my plan is to binge it.

But I just found out there is an adaptation of another several parts comicbook thanks to news about lead actor leaving the show. Y, the last man:
https://collider.com/y-the-last-man-recast-yorick-barry-keoghan-exits/
The original comic IMO is an overrated bullshit and I dare to say the worst Vaughn's work, so bad you can't believe the same guy is behind Saga and Paper Girls. When this appears on streams, watch at your own risk.

Last edited:
I directly challenge anyone that actually enjoyed The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, or even Voyager/Enterprise to even stomach one to two episodes of either STD or Discard. There are still decent telly shows around, but those two do not qualify, nor even come close!!!!

Yea, sorry, but I can.

While I did ridicule atrocious makeup, WTF CGI moments copied from anime parodies in ST: D and horrible Michael presentation that might not be the actress' fault, I've genuinely had fun with the show. Isaacs, Yeoh and Wilson were so brilliant in their roles it's a shame you weren't there to see them pulling up sheer crazyness.

As for Picard, he grew old, tired and grumpy - just like anyone will including you, but some refuse to admit their character will change due to biological aging process. The thing is, I still love him even if he's not the top shape passionate explorer any more. Why? He saw something isn't fair and refused to go with the flow. Just like I do and because you know me, you knew I'll like such show. :)

Between lines. It's the substance, not style, I actually care about. Not just in videogames.
More pew-pew than diplomacy, okay with me, but make the main quest and sidequests exciting. In my case, they did.

We know that Picard in TNG is based off of Horatio Hornblower (ST:ToS is Wagon Train in space, Lost in Space was supposed to be the Swiss Family Robinson..in space).

Having not seen it yet this new one appears to be King Lear. This is the role that all Shakespearean actors look forward to when they age. You can see the temptation in for why and aging Patrick Stewart the return to the role he's typecast in.

So many shows do this - I can name half a dozen characters based off of Lady MacBeth (Claire Underwood to Frank's Richar III, the Good Wife's mother in law, etc., nearly any woman character looking to use a man as their path to power) .

We know that Picard in TNG is based off of Horatio Hornblower
Y'know the other day during some chatty over a coffee with a friend he admitted never seeing any of Hornblower TV movies.
My reaction was:
giphy.gif

As I'm now toothless, please if you also didn't watch them, don't admit before I get me some artificial teeth. Or better, watch those asap. :D

I saw the first Picard episode and enjoyed it. It's not a duplicate of previous show styles, which is fine by me. I like new, not rehashed redos. Would rather watch originals instead hackneyed re-imaginings. Now, whether I have the gumption to watch the remaining episodes on Netflix is the next question. I don't watch videos usually. I'd rather be gaming.

The difference between the Discard show and the Hornblower/Lear productions being that the latter two are worth the time and effort to read/watch, while the former isn't. I also thought the first episode wasn't remarkably terrible, and hoped it would improve, but the following two episodes are far worse. Again, simply my opinion and I won't denigrate those that do enjoy them, I just would find it remarkable that anyone that knew the roots of this character could enjoy this current iteration.

Back
Top Bottom