Risen - Bestiary Update: Skeletons

Last edited:
Was there anyone who didn't think Risen would have skeletons? Looks good imo, although I would liked to have seen more animation.

Man, I was just thinking that game needed more skeletons.

And now they give us skeletons.

It's like Christmas, but with skeletons.

just wondering (forgot to tell it yesterday), like any other gothic fan:

will they bleed??? :lol:
________
Motorcycle Tires

Last edited:
just wondering (forgot to tell it yesterday), like any other gothic fan:

will they bleed??? :lol:

Blood cells are made in some bones of skeleton so why not? :D

I thought skeletons were all dried out ... where do fresh skeltons come from ;-)

Wow ... that was quick. I just hope that being see-through won't keep them from dropping impossible amounts of loot they have no business carrying ...

Head/body ratio is somewhat correct, hm. Well, they´re dead after all.
Using shrink spell on skellies in Gothics was fun.

Krzychu said:
I'm wondering if there will be more undead in Risen.

Lo and behold! Here they are! And it feels good. That short scene at the end was a bit strange... I mean, whoa, are they really that fast? Apart from that, yup, pretty standard skeletons. What's really interesting however...

skeletons existed before the dark wave

Ooh, revealing details, are we? :)

Rills said:
I'm wondering if they'll be as tough in this games as in Gothic.

Hm, let's hope so.

Also: didn't undead bleed some gray stuff in the Gothics, or was that just the zombies?

it has proven most effective to break their decayed bones with strong blunt weapons and simple brute force. Missiles do relatively little damage.

If you read this, it reminds me of G1: the stone golem, he could only be killed with a blunt weapon. It would be nice if they implent that kinda stuff again :)

If you read this, it reminds me of G1: the stone golem, he could only be killed with a blunt weapon. It would be nice if they implent that kinda stuff again :)

Agreed, but I hope they don't do the invulnerable before a certain level or strength monsters. At least take a tiny portion of the monsters HP away with your normal swing.

Anyone else hack away at those Swampsharks at a very early level? If you timed it right and kept hitting it your critical hits would damage it, but not your normal hits. Took a loooonnnnggg time to take one out and if they hit you...well it's time to reload then :D

Anyone else hack away at those Swampsharks at a very early level? If you timed it right and kept hitting it your critical hits would damage it, but not your normal hits. Took a loooonnnnggg time to take one out and if they hit you...well it's time to reload then :D

Ahh the memories....

Yeah those Swampsharks in Gothic were incredibly tough to a low level PC. I can still remember how accomplished I felt when I finally managed to put the coup de grace on one of them.

I think they nerfed them a bit in Gothic 2 NotR didn't they? Because they seemed a lot easier to kill in the swamp area of Jharkendar.

I think they nerfed them a bit in Gothic 2 NotR didn't they? Because they seemed a lot easier to kill in the swamp area of Jharkendar.
I think that's because you had higher level when you've arrived in Jharkendar, not because Swampsharks were easier to kill.

I think that's because you had higher level when you've arrived in Jharkendar, not because Swampsharks were easier to kill.

Yep - you were better prepared.

I'll have to look into that, because I'm not sure if that's the case. Swampsharks stayed tough for a long portion of the original game, and I wasn't very high level in G2 when I first went to Jharkendar.

Back
Top Bottom