The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Very interesting, txa, thank you. Although a little bit too much guitar-concentrated insome parts, imho.

@Thrasher : The remastered CDs should be very cheap by now. Except the 2-CD first album package (it contains the remastered original plus the 1987 remaster "second version", as I call it.

Just received some CDs (yes, I'm one of those still buying material stuff), three albums from Julie Fowlys, Newton Faulkner and the Nights from the Alhambra by Loreena Mckennitt. I'm currently listening to the later and must say I immensely appreciate it (as I did with each of her albums), especially since it contains a DVD version of the whole concert, that can be seen here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR3jRhqSkUk

Here is a fun new release - Levin-Minneman-Rudess. Fusion - prog - metal … blistering playing, loads of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF9JZTVDB7I

Thank you for that one!!

Those Dream Theater guys are busy. James Labrie released his latest solo album in august, the Rudess &co album materialized the 5th of september. And "Dream Theater" by Dream Theater is just around the corner (20th-24th of september, depending on whee you are).

pibbur

Thank you for that one!!

Those Dream Theater guys are busy. James Labrie released his latest solo album in august, the Rudess &co album materialized the 5th of september. And "Dream Theater" by Dream Theater is just around the corner (20th-24th of september, depending on whee you are).

Talking about Dream Theater and their new album: On their website, www.dreamtheater.net a full album stream is available.

pibbur who is listening to it now and likes what he hears

Thank you for that one!!

pibbur

I know - I was surprised as well!

I've begun collecting really old CD singles by Mr. Phil Collins. I plan to get all of the "… But seriously" era together - and then I'll transport that stuff (most interestingly : non-album tracks) onto an audio cassette. ;)

Looks like an SWTOR helmet to me, LOL :D

Looks like an SWTOR helmet to me, LOL :D

Ha ha ... It is a good album though.

My younger son is into them, has some vinyl as well. Who knew playing Kraftwerk and Tribe Called Quest years ago for them would lead in such strong directions :)

Daft Punk - Get Lucky (With Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)

Good stuff….

Excellent! I had seen this earlier and almost posted it, too. :)

In a somewhat similar vein, I revisitted The Beloved from the 90's recently. This was perfect decompression on the plane returning from Kauai Saturday. warning features nudity…

Sweet Harmony

A little more electronic and hypnotic, less funky, more jazzy (with the sax), early 90's house beat on the forefront of "the dance revolution".

The whole album Inspiration is to me a classic, way ahead of it's time. Tracks with good soulful Hammond organ, guitar, vocals, and strings, too.

Last edited:
The video's OK for broadcast tv, if only barely. ;)

Good call on Beloved. If you're feeling adventuresome, you might try to track down "The Stone" by Babble. It's Tom and Alannah from Thompson Twins doing some more ethereal stuff, with a healthy dose of world beat thrown in.

"Tribe" by Babble

Rock 1970 - 1980

attachment.php

Gary Glitter ~ Rock And Roll

Rory Gallagher ~ Bullfrog Blues

Golden Earring ~ Radar Love

New York Dolls

T.Rex

The Clash ~ London Calling

Pretenders

Nico ~ Purple Lips

Suzi Quatro ~ Can The Can