Knights of Light - Medieval RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a new historically inspired open world RPG called Knights of Light.

Rumbling Games Studio is working on a new open world third-person action adventure game that is set during the medieval era, called Knights of Light. The game takes place during the battles between the Sasanian Empire and Arab forces and its main character will be based on a historical figure.

[...]

More information.

This is how you do a professional combat game! Lots of Severance: Blade of Darkness nostalgia! Lighting is excellent. Map colors are beautiful. Art direction is masterfully done. Fighters look top notch. This is what i call a real fighting game. The devteam are comprised of skillful veterans, no doubt!!

But when you have to play the games character and not your own you lose a large chunk of your audience. It's one of the reasons I haven't bought Kingdom Come yet. Say what you will about Skyrim and Elder Scroll games but for a large portion of players, making your own character is half the fun.

Buy KCD.
This one? I think I'll skippit. Smells too much of nostory techdemo.

Pass not interested in the historic setting.
But when you have to play the games character and not your own you lose a large chunk of your audience. It's one of the reasons I haven't bought Kingdom Come yet. Say what you will about Skyrim and Elder Scroll games but for a large portion of players, making your own character is half the fun.
True but then you can't craft a good narrative or story then. Also yes I know you make your own story as you play, but that doesn't appeal to everyone either.

One good example of it done right was Fallout:NV. Now a good example of how a forced player character sells well just look at The Wither III. Still in Steam top ten years later.

I agree on The Witcher 3. You have to admit that Geralt is one of the best players ever made in a crpg. The reason I never finished Witcher 3 was because the combat started to bore me and it was almost like watching a movie later on. Geralt kept me playing longer then I would have.

Actually looks pretty interesting, but the camera is awful. It's great to see some historical games which are not so eurocentric as KCD.

Historical setting? Knights of light for a game between Arabs and Sasanian? Give me a break please. Samurai of the Moon was already taken?

The reason I never finished Witcher 3 was because the combat started to bore me and it was almost like watching a movie later on.

Oh hell yes.

edit- I really liked W3, but yes, it went on far too long. Some regs are just too much of a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom