"Ghost of a Tale"

seith

Watcher
Hello guys,

I thought I'd share this little bit of news with you. Well it's not so "new" anymore but I did try to use the form at the time and I'm not sure it worked. Two days ago I posted the first gameplay video of the game I'm working on, to coincide with the crowdfunding campaign launch. And I thought that if some of you got to watch the video and liked it, it might spark an interest in the project itself. It's a one-man project and it represents a lot of work in several different domains, as you can imagine.

Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOi04BRQI1k

And the campaign page: http://igg.me/at/ghost-of-a-tale

I hope you like the project!

Oh right, sorry about not getting back to you. I was planning to ask you if it has any of the magic word "RPG" in it?

No problem. It will play a lot like Gothic/Risen in its gameplay, but without too much emphasis on stat numbers. On the campaign page I describe it as an "action-adventure game with a hint of RPG" (which is the way I think of Gothic).

But it's no Baldur's Gate, no (which to me is the quintessential RPG).

Thanks for mentioning the game on the front page, Myrthos! :)

Just my opinion, but I honestly think this game would have a broader appeal with a human protagonist.

The visuals and animation look amazing though. Easily on par with most AAA titles.

Your game certainly looks interesting. The visuals are top-notch and you present actual gameplay instead of mere promises. Also namedropping Gothic was always going to grab my attention.

Not quite sure why this isn't doing better. Maybe due to being on IndieGoGo rather than KS?

The game reminds me of some novels from my youth about a heroic mouse who saves the day. I congratulate you for making something different.:bow:

Looks interesting. Much depends on the actual gameplay of course, but this has potential. Here's hoping you get the funding you're aiming for. :thumbsup:

Also, if you haven't checked these out yet, let me recommend these comic books to you (for inspiration and whatnot): http://www.mouseguard.net/books/.

Thanks! I'm aware of the "Mouse Guard" series but I haven't read it yet. There's another comics called "Mice Templar" I heard of that also deals with mice as main characters. I purposefully avoid reading those so as not to be influenced by them. But I guess that's a bit silly…

awesome. Sold!

I tend to like games that put you on a smaller scale than the general environment, for instance the game Faery: Legends of Avalon was not only cool because you were on a mini scale in comparison to the overall environment, but you could also fly around. Increasing the movement to the Z-axis really opens up the freedom of a game's discovery!

But back to mini-scale protagonists. Like it, cant wait to see how this one does

It's a shame this campaign is only half way to its goal with ten days left.

I was under the impression that campaigns at Indie GoGo would receive the money they raised even if they don't reach their funding goal, but after checking the campaign page of Ghost of a Tale, it clearly states the money will only be received if the funding goal is met. Huh. I could have sworn it was not like this before. Didn't the Grimoire (yeah, I know, bear with me) campaign fall short of its goal, but still receive the funds raised?

Well, be that as it may, let's hope the trends at IGG are similar to ones at Kickstarter where the last few days can easily be the most successful funding-wise, receiving 50% of the funding or more during those.

Back
Top Bottom