NWN2 Mod: Baldur's Gate 2: Reloaded - New Trailer

Wait no one claimed this is a waste of time again. I must be on a different site. Anyhow I can't wait to play this. In my opinion much better then the remasters from Beamdog.

Wait no one claimed this is a waste of time again. I must be on a different site. Anyhow I can't wait to play this. In my opinion much better then the remasters from Beamdog.

According to a Facebook post, this will be releasing soon.

And yes, someone claimed that this was a waste of time. At the time I thought that this was a very distasteful comment to be made about such hard work that was put on this mod.

But I don't think I will care about such comments anymore :lol:

I have Nw2 on disk somewhere.
Would love to have it on steam,but its unavailable.

Judging from the trailer for me personally it lacks the charme of the beautiful 2D maps.

However when I want to replay BG2 I'll still give it a try.

I hadn't played Baldur's Gate before when I tried the first Baldur's Gate: Reloaded end of last year, and I quickly gave up. Then I played the Enhanced Edition (so, the original format) and I liked it a lot. So for once I may claim the "waste of time" ;)

It's the strange mix of newer models and maps with old videos and old map design, and mainly the NWN 2 engine with all its bugs and problems that likely put me off. It felt strange and awkward to use. Note that I tried two NWN 2 original campaigns after that and stopped too, even with community fixes it was not bearable.

I must admit that something else disturbed me, those NPC's fake spoken "greetings" (what they first say when we engage them) that say something entirely different than what they actually say in the text. At the time I thought there were bugs and on top of the rest, that was the end of it.

I'm not so bothered with the old graphics, so I prefer the original experience, at least it's consistent and less bugged. Sorry to be negative, it's just my personal preference.

For me, old 2D will always be superior to old 3D. Today, Im still able to forget myself in beautiful pre-rendered backgrounds of BG2, but as for early 3D ov NWN and NWN2 ...
I disliked it already at time of release. So for my personal taste - this is kinda downgrade. But thats just my opinion, it shouldnt spoil fun for anyone who thinks otherwise.

Well I love both NWN 1&2 so I'm very biased. Still play both. I actually find I enjoy the second game more then the first. I even released a few mods over the last five years.

So no not a waste if time for me sorry not sorry.:p

Well I love both NWN 1&2 so I'm very biased. Still play both. I actually find I enjoy the second game more then the first. I even released a few mods over the last five years.

So no not a waste if time for me sorry not sorry.:p
I enjoyed it back then, it's just that it doesn't seem to like today's OS, for me anyway. For example I had a lot of camera and mouse issues that I didn't have before, that have also been reported by others. The game is not supported anymore by Obsidian, even if they are still selling it, and there is no Enhanced Edition so it's in limbo.

For me, old 2D will always be superior to old 3D. Today, Im still able to forget myself in beautiful pre-rendered backgrounds of BG2, but as for early 3D ov NWN and NWN2 …
I disliked it already at time of release. So for my personal taste - this is kinda downgrade. But thats just my opinion, it shouldnt spoil fun for anyone who thinks otherwise.

Don't forget Heroes of Might and Magic 3. I still have fun with that game today. I will definitely try this Mod out.

Someone made a Mod of The Bard's Tale in one of the NWN games. I had so much fun with that Mod.

What saddens me is that I haven't seen anyone make interesting/ambitious module/campaign for either Neverwinter Nights in so many years. I don't think I'll ever understand an appeal of these zero-creativity remake mods...

Because NWN has an old engine, and is a waste of time to make anything for, unless your target audience is 200 players. Anyone with any ambition and talent would just make their own engine, or use a more developed and versatile engine, like Unity. At least NWN1 had the charm and UI and controls were clean and worked well, unlike NWN2.

The only reason to do anything for NWN2 is because you enjoy making it, as a hobby, for your own enjoyment, and then sharing it with others is fine and fun, like those people with a lot of free time that make a giant Millenium Falcon or the city of Minas Tirith with Minecraft blocks.

What saddens me is that I haven't seen anyone make interesting/ambitious module/campaign for either Neverwinter Nights in so many years. I don't think I'll ever understand an appeal of these zero-creativity remake mods…
The NWN mod scene has quieted down.

Though with the enhanced edition a new pay to play campaign mod called Dark Dreams of Furiae and an older mod Tyrants of the Moonsea was finally finished.

Still a few campaign mods and remakes of older mods are getting released periodically. It's the same situation with NWN2. You'll never see Unity mods like these never.

Anyone with any ambition and talent would just make their own engine, or use a more developed and versatile engine, like Unity. At least NWN1 had the charm and UI and controls were clean and worked well, unlike NWN2.
I wouldn't count on any large Unity campaign mods as that ship has sailed. It takes to much work when it's just easier to create other mods instead of new campaigns.

Obsidian released a few videos about this very topic during PoE development.

Back
Top Bottom