Last game(s) you bought

I'm only a few hours in.
Biggest difference imho is that you can't freely decide where to build your cities. There are predefined "city cites". I don't know yet if I like it or not.
Also you now manage your character, family and court. Similar to Crusader Kings, but much more shallow. I think that's a nice addition.

Haven't figured out city building yet, so why and when my borders grow and why or why not the city gathers ressources.

Maybe after you sink some more hours into it :)

I broke my moratorium on game-buying (I'm so weak! WEAK I tells ya) to get Slasher's Keep. I play Delver on occasion, and have been looking out for something similar as I'm getting sick of that. Sure, there's games like One More Dungeon and Barony, but they seem to lack the polish I'm looking for.

Anyway, Slasher's Keep is another stylised-graphics, 3D roguelike, but with more of a hand-drawn look. Unlike Delver, where you lose everything but cash when you die, with SK you lose one level and everything you carry, but anything that you had the foresight to chuck down a storage chute you get to start with on the next run.
It's fun so far, though the combat feels a little clunky (common in this genre). Good enough to take me beyond the refund zone.

I picked up the HD remaster of Secret Agent last night. Secret Agent is a lesser known Apogee platformer, basically a reskin of Crystal Caves, and it is pretty charming and fun. The remaster adds a fourth episode, greatly improved controls, and a level editor among other things. Well worth the $5 I paid on sale.

Maybe after you sink some more hours into it :)
Yeah, after just one more turn (or two…) I think I understood it. ;)
It's really just learning by doing. The in-game help is weak and there also isn't some kind of wiki.

And it's now the first session where I need to force myself to stop playing. So yeah, it's fun at the moment. The first 2-3 tries I just got beaten by enemy troops. They can easily take your cities without siege weapons even when you have walls, which is hardly possible in Civ. So it seems you really need to grow military from the start. So I now have a reasonable standing military that makes me as strong as the neighbour (there's an indicator for that) and til now they restrained from declaring war allowing me to expand my empire.

I got few games recently over the various Sales around:

• Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition (I only played the original disk-version when it was originally released);
  • Black Mesa;
  • Dungeons of the Deep;
  • Encased (to support devs, I don't intend to play the game before its release);
  • Master of Orion (the remake released in 2016) and DLCs;
  • Tainted Grail Conquest;
  • some DLCs for games I had.

I only regret not getting Wildermyth when it got discounted prior to its release. Next time, maybe!

I grabbed Legrand Legacy, a game I'd been eyeing for quite a while. Not sure when I'll get around to playing it, for now it's lurking in the back log!

And today I nabbed all the expansions for Kingdom Come: Deliverance, since they were on a massive discount. I'll likely bounce back to check them all out after I complete Legrand Legacy!

I picked up Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age yesterday. I played it years ago on the PS2, but it's one of the few FF games I've never finished.

I really enjoyed FF: Zodiac Age when I played it a few years ago, it took me a bit to get into it, yet a few hours in I was truly hooked. That's another one I need to put on the replay list!!

It's been on my wishlist for a while but I don't want to spend $25 (on sale) for a game this old.

I still have FF XII for the PS2... and a PS2 somewhere as well! Never played it very far, but it's one of the few FFs that I want to play. (Played VII, VIII, and X through to the end, but only got a few hours into XIII before giving up in boredom)
Is XII a good port?

It's been on my wishlist for a while but I don't want to spend $25 (on sale) for a game this old.

I got it from Green Man Gaming for $18 and change. Also, keep in mind that this isn't the original game. The Zodiac Age is remastered and includes addtional mechanics. It was released in 2018.

I still have FF XII for the PS2… and a PS2 somewhere as well! Never played it very far, but it's one of the few FFs that I want to play. (Played VII, VIII, and X through to the end, but only got a few hours into XIII before giving up in boredom)
Is XII a good port?

I haven't installed it yet, but the reviews on Steam are very positive. From what I remember about the original version, I liked it a lot more than X or XIII.

Hmm, a few here and there.

Control Ultimate Edition, New World (refunded it), Monomyth (backed it), and others I forget.

The Ascent - Steam. Ironically, pre-loading would be significantly slower for me than downloading it post-release. Isn't that pretty stupid.

Pathfinder - Kingmaker Enhanced Edition.. looking forward to a brand new RPG for me, but checking out some videos on YouTube I'm a bit intimidated to get started lol..looks like there is a lot to figure out in this one..

Last game I purchased was The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante. No clue if it will be any good but i shall soon find out.

Pathfinder - Kingmaker Enhanced Edition.. looking forward to a brand new RPG for me, but checking out some videos on YouTube I'm a bit intimidated to get started lol..looks like there is a lot to figure out in this one..
I would suggest just creating a quick character to see how the game works. Then after a few hours create your real character.

Final Fantasy (remaster)

Picked it up last night out of curiosity and nostalgia. I didn't expect much, but at $10 the price is insignificant. I've played for about an hour, and it seems like a decent enough port. I'm a little disappointed in the visuals though. It looks better than the original obviously, but it's still a little more pixelated than I would have liked.

After threatening to do it, I also bought the Final Fantasy one game. I've not played it in over thirty years, I'm wondering if it will still be fun. Matter of fact, I never actually replayed the game, simply played it once. I remember at the time it was fun, yet paled in comparison to games like the gold box series, Might and Magic, Bards Tale, and a few others.

Back
Top Bottom