Monomyth - Coming to Kickstarter July 27th

Well, I suspect it's a passion project. If he's actually got the will to come this far - then he won't really need much money to finish it.

Hell, I've saved enough money for 3 years of development with zero income myself - and I've had enough time to finish multiple games by now.

Turns out my will is not sufficient - but this guy certainly has some.

He seems ready to go on no matter what, the Kickstarter only being an opportunity to go faster or deeper. Perhaps he could have aimed higher but indeed, it seems to be a passion more than a full-time job.

It's probably a case of him not being sure and setting his expectations lower than he should have. It's already at $13,500 in 2 days, so there's zero doubt it's getting funded and then some. I suspect he might be wishing that he had set it a little higher.

Played a little bit of the demo, in my pc when i turn the shadows on the performance drops a lot, i don´t know if its the game because it´s in alpha, or my pc not enough to run it.

Played a little bit of the demo, in my pc when i turn the shadows on the performance drops a lot, i don´t know if its the game because it´s in alpha, or my pc not enough to run it.

The system requirements are pretty modest. What do you have in your rig?

Good demo.
Like the concept. I'm KS'd out at the moment and slush funds are down to a minimum this year but I wish them all the luck in the world and will buy their finished product.

Great news. It's a little sad that the goals are mostly boring - but the fact that it's funded at this stage is fantastic, not just for this game - but for other crowd-funded "tiny" indies like it.

Great news. It's a little sad that the goals are mostly boring - but the fact that it's funded at this stage is fantastic, not just for this game - but for other crowd-funded "tiny" indies like it.

Yeah, I agree about the stretch goals. The only one that really interests me is pretty far down the list.

€60k / $70.80k - New Zone: The Bulwark
Off the shores, near Lysandria, the ocean fort rises out of the sea like an eerie monolith - once a well-frequented trading station, today nothing more than a ruin. Recently rumors have been going around. Strange lights were seen in the fort's windows and ghostlike shadows dance in the waters nearby.

The Bulwark is a completely new zone focused on underwater exploration and some "fishy" events that have been going on just outside of Lysandrias gates.

That sounds great, but with the way pledges usually slow dramatically after the first week, I'm not sure it will be reached.

I don't do grid-based games but it looks pretty nice. I'm glad it met the goal for the Watch folks that are interested in it.

I don't do grid-based games but it looks pretty nice. I'm glad it met the goal for the Watch folks that are interested in it.

"Travel through a highly interactive, open game world, unrestricted by scripted sequences, hard-coded barriers or grid-based movement."

Travel through a highly interactive, open game world, unrestricted by scripted sequences, hard-coded barriers or grid-based movement.

And also the video seems to make that clear

hmm, it looked grid-based with what I saw. Maybe we have different meanings for this? I saw them look in non-grid directions but I didn't notice movement that was N-E-W-S. If it's not grid-based I'll peek at it.

I re-watched but it still looks grid-based but with the ability to move a little bit for dodges and stuff within the grid. If somebody plays the demo, please let me know if there is free form movement like in modern games (Conan/Skyrim/Witcher/Fallout).

Last edited:
It's completely free form. Maybe the slower movement speed is what's fooling you into thinking it's grid-based.

It's funded and almost to the second stretch goal already. :)
They just passed the 3rd, expanded immersive simulation. Nice! :)
With this stretch goal achieved, Monomyth will receive further immersive microfeatures. These will include a visible player model (including armor), as well as new player activities such as fishing, blacksmithing, and more.

Back
Top Bottom