Fort Triumph - Now on Kickstarter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The tactical RPG Fort Triumph is now on Kickstarter:

Fort Triumph - Tactical RPG

Fort Triumph is a dynamic tactical RPG featuring interactive environments and epic challenges in a world on the brink of destruction.

Often dubbed a “Fantasy XCOM”, Fort Triumph is a tactical RPG emphasizing the use of Environmental Interactions to create rich, challenging and rewarding tactical gameplay.

In Fort Triumph, every crate and every tree is a potential weapon in the hands of experienced tacticians: in order to succeed, you will have to burn, freeze, topple, kick around or outright destroy the scenery at the right moment.

Our game includes:

• Hardcore tactical turn-based gameplay.
  • Fully Interactive environments at your disposal.
  • Heroes evolving by learning new abilities from their class skilltree.
  • Non-linear, contextually generated missions and quests.
  • Strategic gameplay and world map exploration.
[...]
More information.

I feel a profound dislike of the art style and animation.

So you couldn't bear the best Diablo like ever released, Torchlight 2.

Myself Im' 100% for such approach, such cartoon graphics is an obvious huge reduction on budget cost, and such style is clean enough to be able looks cute. For this game, it's lacking a bit of a real style, but it's quite ok for me.

Mac release, Fantasy XCOM, it's a go for me, I don't regret at all have support Massive Chalice. For this game it's a significant risk, the dev shows they don't start from nothing, but make a good tactical game is a huge challenge, so I'm aware I could end with a very average product, it's fine I want support such project.

Yes it does look promising!

I like the idea of non-linear contextually generated quests and missions: Means more replay value! Nice!

I sorta agree graphics are a little childish, but I suspect I can get over that if the gameplay / tactics / strategy / character development and replayability is good.... Looks like it might be! See how it goes

I also don't like the graphics but if the gameplay is solid then I'll play it. I didn't care for the graphics in FFT but its one of my all-time favourites.

Unlike the majority, I like graphics but dislike random generated world.
Skippin' it.

This gets my $$$ for the linux support.

And despite the graphics...

Hey all, thank you so much for the feedback!

We're aware not all people like this art style, but in fact a lot of the assets currently in the game are Unity Asset Store placeholders, so hopefully it'll look much more polished once the game actually ships.
Still on the cartoony side though: Blizzard games, Joe Mad & Torchlight are definitely our top three inspirations :)

Would love to hear your comments on the demo, and we deeply appreciate your support.
Cheers!

This would have needed the grittiness of Severance: Blade of Darkness. Instead this tooney-looney crap manifested.. ugh.

Pledged. 4 classes sounds like too few in my opinion, but the art style doesn't bother me and the gameplay sounds solid enough for me to give them a fighting chance.

Hey, if I can stand to look at the final fantasy games, I can handle the looks of this one. All I ask for is good solid challenging tactical yumminess.

Backed, clearly just to support a Fantasy XCOM attempt, not a RPG. I have a strong believing that Fantasy XCOM sub genre has a very strong potential and it's not the standard Tactic RPG, but more focus on procedural generation, campaign design, soldiers and not characters, and pure tactical quality, than story/characters/character&roster building.

Back
Top Bottom