Larian Studios - Interview with Swen @PCGamer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamer took an opportunity to conduct an audio interview with Swen Vincke during GDC.

Larian's founder Swen Vincke never stops moving towards the next RPG on the horizon. We convinced him to sit still for a few minutes and talk about the success of Divinity: Original Sin 2 and what went right and wrong during development. We also talked about the problem of crunch in game development and how to avoid it, and the loads of RPGs coming out in 2018.
More information.

During two points of this interview spoilers for DOS2 are mentioned so just be aware to skip a couple of minutes ahead when those moments arrive.

Yeah, I unfortunately jumped right into it and got spoiled on something fairly major… as I'm still on my 3rd play-through muddling around in Act 2. That was kind of the interviewer's fault, as they moved right into spoilers without clearly defining that for listeners. Anyway, good conversation although Sven sounds really, really tired and sounds like development at the end of DOS2 was fairly brutal.

Useful if you like hearing about D:OS 2 development. He does mention there is a big game in the works but shares no details about it.

Useful if you like hearing about D:OS 2 development. He does mention there is a big game in the works but shares no details about it.

Ultima 7 Enhanced Edition.

One can hope?

Back
Top Bottom