Original Sin - Spread Too Thin

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Swen Vincke writes a short blog update on the Kickstarter status of Original Sin.
There’s four of us @Larian who are busy with managing the KS campaign, and that’s really not enough. Because we try to isolate the rest of the team as much as we can from all the extra work so that they can focus on development, we can’t really muster more resources & so we find ourselves sleeping very little and spending a lot of time typing. Obviously, we get a lot of energy from all the positive feedback & I have to say the friends & family support has also been amazing, but it’s still pretty tough. To give you an idea, here are the channels we’re monitoring/managing/posting on:

In addition we’re doing plenty of interviews & presentations (David & Farhang for instance did 12 presentations in Berlin yesterday) & we’re still prepping more. And obviously we also have the stress of trying to do one update per day on Kickstarter because we noticed it really does have a big impact on the campaigns counter.
I’m not complaining though – imho we funded really fast, considering the circumstances & I’m curious to see what the end-game is going to look like.
But yes, it is more work than I expected. I’m not the first one to say it, I’m not the last one to say it, but I did want to add my 89kg to those who are saying – prepare well if you want to do a KS campaign. It’s tough to add/change course once you’re rolling.
And there is an image with the referrers like usual and this time our benevolent friends of RPGCodex have surpassed us in the amount of money pledged. So here are some virtual beers for all them (well... those who pledged) <insert image of beer>

More information.

Probably 'To' should be 'Too', unless this is really about peanut butter. :)

It certainly should :)
Thanks!

Easily fixed..... eliminate Facebook and twitter junk. I think I was on the facebook thing for like 10 mins maybe 5 yrs ago, and the only twittesr I know are birds. I have barely enough time in a day to monitor 2-4 websites a day + email.

-Carn

Likewise, I have NOTHING to do with either of them!!

Easily fixed….. eliminate Facebook and twitter junk. I think I was on the facebook thing for like 10 mins maybe 5 yrs ago, and the only twittesr I know are birds. I have barely enough time in a day to monitor 2-4 websites a day + email.

I would be interested to learn about how the balance of traffic for Larian works between Facebook, Twitter and various other sites such as their own forums.

Because in general Facebook gets more traffic on mobile phones alone in one month than every web gaming forum and site combined would manage in a year ... perhaps in 10 years. But that doesn't make it so for Larian or other hardcore-centric games.

In fact, despite using Facebook and Twitter regularly, that is NOT how I deal with any of my gaming stuff. Just doesn't make sense to me.

And there is an image with the referrers like usual and this time our benevolent friends of RPGCodex have surpassed us in the amount of money pledged.
Yeah but..but..but... we give more per person!! That's the IMPORTANT stat, I'm sure!! In your FACEBOOK, Codex!! ;)

How do they keep track where you are from? Do I have to click a link from RPGWatch? if so what is it please?

Thanks

Codexers are NOT our friends. Their recent top list of RPG and the thread here proves that they're conservative and stuck in the past, of a completely different mindset compared to the Watch.

How do they keep track where you are from? Do I have to click a link from RPGWatch? if so what is it please?

Thanks

No, just visit there from RPGWatch. A bit oversimplified, websites track from where you are coming - unless you disable it. That's called a "referrer". Kickstarter aggregates this data and makes it available to campaign owners.

I would be interested to learn about how the balance of traffic for Larian works between Facebook, Twitter and various other sites such as their own forums.

Because in general Facebook gets more traffic on mobile phones alone in one month than every web gaming forum and site combined would manage in a year … perhaps in 10 years. But that doesn't make it so for Larian or other hardcore-centric games.

In fact, despite using Facebook and Twitter regularly, that is NOT how I deal with any of my gaming stuff. Just doesn't make sense to me.

It would indeed be interesting to see. While Facebook may not be where people go to look up RPGs, it does have absurd amounts of traffic, which means you could reach a lot of future customers. There's no doubt it has massive marketing potential.

Back
Top Bottom