Bandai Namco boxed Steam codes (PC)

Pessimeister

Living Backwards
Original Sin 2 Donor
Just curious if anyone else has experienced this before.

I purchased the Apocalypse edition of Dark Souls III from ebay last week and it finally arrived today. Unable to resist my curiosity, I decided to install it yet got an unpleasant surprise at seeing this thin bit of holographic tape covering the steam verification code.
This was the first of its type that I'd ever encountered as it has been awhile since I bought a boxed game.

Whilst I was gentle as I could be, unfortunately the freaking paper was so thin and the font it was written on so small, that it became quickly illegible after a couple of scratches. I've since sent support an email and a quick google reveals that this isn't an altogether uncommon problem. A friend mentioned to me that for his console edition, they posted the keys in the back of the manual. Not sure why they changed it up for this edition.

Ugh! What an inconvenient mess. Good thing I have a backlog as long as my arm in the meantime. :)

Had the same holographic tape on my Apocalypse edition of DS3 (PC) which I received on release day. I was fortunate that I did not scratch the code, but I understand what you are saying.

Good luck with your support ticket and hope they will send you a replacement soon.

Anyone else feel the absurdity of physically mailing a digital redemption code?

I did this once with one of those scratch off money cards. Not fun when you have money on a card and no way to retrieve it. After a bit it got sorted, though.

Anyone else feel the absurdity of physically mailing a digital redemption code?

I know you typed mailing, but I think you meant maiming. ;)
And yes, that's one reason why I posted about it, it is absolutely absurd.

No reply yet from Bandai Namco support. I suspect I'm going have to follow their pro-forma requirements to the "T" in order to get a response.

I finally got a response from BN support. Just in case this helps anybody else get their answer faster, here's what is required: (pretty logical really, but important not to omit anything)

- Full name:
- A Picture/scan of your proof of purchase. (Cut and paste won't cut it!)
- A Picture/scan of your steam code flyer.
- Steam ID
- Retailer purchased from.

Fingers crossed I get a new code in time for the summer holidays. :)

Back
Top Bottom