The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I got the Windows 10 creators edition last night. Started DDO and it performed as it always has. No Graphics distortion or anything.

I think how the update goes is probably hardware related (drivers etc.). Since my PC is brand New and requires Windows 10 for all Components then I Guess I don't have driver issues.

Since my PC is New then it has never had older OS Versions installed. Maybe installing the creators edition doesn't work well if you have upgraded earlier from Windows 7 or other OS Versions.

The update actually went very smoothly for me. I just started it and some reboots later everything worked as it did before. Something might be broken somewhere, but I haven't found issues. On the other hand I haven't seen any useful changes either.

However, every time you do an OS update you keep praying you can login when it's done. Not something I enjoy doing very often.

Have level and holding btw on my alt

Elysanna has shifted guilds to Knights, and we are still at 150, so all is good. All buffs & amenities are loaded.

Severlin's Plans for DDO

Severlin posted the following on what their plans are for DDO, including Ravenloft:

Severlin's Future Plans for DDO

Our current plan is to finish Ravenloft, market that through social media channels which right now are much more effective for us that other advertising, and drive players to that content. Ravenloft will be level 10 and level 30+ so players at cap have stuff to do. We will have a special "veteran status" option during the launch of Ravenloft that allows players to create level 10 characters and go right there.

We have an adventure pack coming in the summer for players to play; we will be exploring the long term war between Dwarves and Drow and dabbling in the Underdark during this pack. Some of the dungeons look very cool. We are concentrating on dungeons with shorter play times; while Temple of Elemental Evil and the Slaver's series follow the maps and story of those modules, adhering to the source material kept those adventures fairly long so we probably want content that players with shorter play times can play.

One of our goals right now is to concentrate on content that extends the end game. Ravenloft will help, and sentient weapons will offer end game goals that we hope will be really cool. Even with that we are looking at ways to add legendary tokens to end game content and make it more rewarding to run end game Reaper as a way of giving capped characters more goals.

Some current state of the game notes.

~ I disagree that Korthos needs a full revamp; it teaches basic adventurer skills and if it went into character building then it would be too complicated. We have iterated on that content many times, even including outside consultants. The biggest reason for doing a Keep on the Borderlands would be more for existing players restarting characters rather than newer players. If I could change one thing about Korthos it would be to add a hireling and have a short section showing the player how to summon that hireling. I say that mostly because most builds made by anyone with a passing knowledge of how to distribute D&D stats can solo normal with a good hireling. If a player doesn't know to use them they will hit a wall trying to solo content somewhere around level 4-5.

~ It's okay to let players run around with sub-optimal builds. We have revamped the enhancement trees and randomized loot at this point to a degree that most people with a passing knowledge of D&D can stumble onto a build that can solo normal with a healing hireling.

~ We need a revamp of the grouping panel, and a revamp of the Adventurer's Compendium. Maybe even combining the two into something more intuitive. At the very least we need to fix some longstanding problems (particularly having the grouping panel not update to start).

~ We need some system that will lead players to appropriate quests when they log in; a "Quest of the Day" system that suggests appropriate content to the player. If someone comes back to the game there should be a more intuitive way for them to find something to do that remembering how to use the Adventure Compendium and trying to figure our where the location of the quest giver and quest entrance are without trying to piece out the "clues" that panel provide on where to go.

~ We have toyed with ideas for a Travelarium - some magical place that sends players to the location of various questgivers and the entrances of various quests directly, or as directly as we can. There are a lot of complications to it, particularly when many dungeon entrances are inside combat active adventuring landscapes and even dungeons. We've had to scrap two designs for it already. If the Travelarium has different wings or halls for certain level bands then players would naturally see other players there level gathering in that area in groups and new players would have a hub where they can choose content appropriate for their level. That assumes we can come up with a workable design that doesn't completely invalidate a lot of exploratory content.

~ We need a revamp of avatars. The game's use of color and the graphic are dated, but the characters are particularly in need of a refresh. Once we finish up our plans for Ravenloft we will look at some changes. Half Elves need a straight up revamp. Some of the other races need refreshed options or alternate racial choices. We don't want to change out beloved looks of existing characters, so one way we could do it is introducing alternate versions of the races - maybe Forgotten Realms versions of the elves, dwarves, etc. We'd have to solve the problem of how such races would start, though.

Sev~

Most illuminating; sounds like it might even be good!! :)

Two patches released this week - Allow time to update

Patch released Wed, patch to the patch released this morning. There are release notes for the first patch, they're not saying what they broke that caused the 2nd patch.

Took me about 10 mins to update yesterday, 2nd patch took just a couple fo mins.

Be sure to allow time for it before tomorrow night.

Hello im join the guild my toon names are Novachaos, Lunachaos who is still on snowy side of korthas

My name is Matt and i love dnd:lol:

Regular Friday Toons this Week?

I'm assuming we're running our regular Friday toons?

I hope so, it's been awhile. That's assuming everyone shows up this week, or wakes up in time!! :D

late breaking, most likely I will be a couple hours late tomorrow.

There were a couple folks that needed to catch up flagging for DQ on the mains. Perhaps y'all can knock that out as something to do. If you switch to the alts, get folks XP however you see fit but do not take lvl11 just yet. I think we might have run all the bar quests at lvl8 and 9 except for Keepers so maybe you could knock out some Necro2 to get the Old Man lvl11.

I am having a really hard time right now, with therapy appointments every day. It's leaving me exhausted, & right now I don't know if I'll make it tonight. If I'm in the state I was last night, I won't.

CM, you & Sandra should not wait for Lyshnna. I'll catch you guys on another round.

FYI, I expect this schedule to continue till the end of May.

Don't worry about it. We are all praying for you. Take care of you for now and we can catch you up on whatever when you feel better. Take a few days and rest up, might be you need a few days of sleep.

Yes, take it easy and look after your health; it's FAR more important than a game.

Next Week's Remnant Event

FYI: Cordovan posted we'll have Mysterious Cloaks & Bracers at the Remnant Vendor.

I wanted to wait until it was formally penned into the document, but it is now, so: Next week. Champion Hunter Week, May 25th through May 31st. Cloaks and Crowns and Bracers.

Cordovan Please

Long time. Sorry, screen went bonkers, thought i'ld have a new one by now, have to wait a bit more. priorities. let you know

I've got a level 11 arty. I'll bring her in for tonight.

Turn Undead Changes: Turn Undead will now deal damage instead of insta-killing. This is so it is no longer an all or nothing style ability allowing it to provide value up into highest levels of content even if you haven't built your character around getting your DC high enough to hit.

Current numbers on the Turn Undead changes:

~DC is 10 + Charisma Modifier + Cleric Level + Paladin Level + Turning Bonuses

~If saving throw is failed, 1d4+4 Positive Energy Damage per cleric + Paladin level. Undead are also stunned for 10 seconds

~If saving throw is made, half damage and no stun effect.

Domains: There are a lot of them and I am not going to sit here and transcribe them all but here is the general formula and when this info goes live on the forums someone else can link it. The basic concept is you pick up a domain at level 2 and get incremental bonuses as you level.

Domain Name: Level 2: You gain some stacking bonus to spell DC, Melee power, PRR, Saves or certain skills that increases as you level. They really like 6th level 12th level and 18th level but some are more regular than that.

If this is an elemental domain, spells of that element use light spell power if it is higher.

If this is an elemental domain, light spells use Elemental spell power of that domain if it is higher

Your Turn Undead now works on something it normaly shouldn't in some domains.

Your turn undead now grants a party buff or does more damage or something.

Level 5: SLA or some buff that fits the theme of the domain.

Level 9: SLA or some buff that fits the theme of the domain.

Level 14: SLA or some buff that fits the theme of the domain.

Video detailing changes here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl0JzP3bugQ

Someone posted screenshots of the domains here. Some are rather broken.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/486973-Early-Look-Cleric-Domains-and-Turn-Undead/page2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom