Wizards of the Coast - Announces Online Partnership with Stainless Games

magerette

Hedgewitch
Gamebanshee has posted a press release from Wizards of the Coast, announcing a team up with Stainless Games. The press release is brief, vague and scanty on details but mentions that the UK developer of Carmeggedon will be working with WotC on a downloadable online game involving "one of the most treasured IPs in the games field":
  • Wizards Of The Coast Announces Partnership With Stainless Games

December 3, 2007 (RENTON, Wash.) – Wizards of the Coast, the world leader in hobby gaming, and a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS), today announced an agreement with leading UK video game developer Stainless Games to produce an exciting new online downloadable game.

“Wizards of the Coast has created many of the most popular brands in roleplaying, trading card and tabletop strategy games” said Patrick Buckland, CEO for Stainless Games. “We’re proud to be working with one of the most treasured IP’s in the games field in a true partnership which will produce a real gaming revolution later next year.”

Details about the game will start to become available in early 2008.

Wizards of the Coast is a worldwide leader in the trading card game and tabletop roleplaying game categories, and a leading developer and publisher of game-based entertainment products. The company holds an exclusive patent on trading card games (TCGs) and their method of play and produces the premier trading card game, MAGIC: THE GATHERING®, among many other trading card games and family card and board games. Wizards is also a leading publisher of roleplaying games, such as DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®, and publisher of fantasy series fiction with numerous New York Times best-sellers. For more information, visit the Wizards of the Coast website at www.wizards.com.

Stainless Games is a privately owned company based on the South Coast of the UK. Although best known for the creation of the multi-million selling Carmageddon franchise, the company has most recently become recognized as one of the world’s leading companies in the burgeoning Console Download market. For more information visit the Stainless Games website at www.stainlessgames.com.
More information.

My guess is a solo-game for Magic.

Or online.

Oh, and when I read "world leader in hobby gaming", then I must say that they might be right internationally, but isn't met at all by the diversity I always see at the board games fair in Essen, Germany every yerar.
There, Wizards is only one among many.

Back
Top Bottom