Video of Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny

I didn't know the old Gods were still visiting us ! The man's a real legend and deserves every bit of respect. I'll try my best improving my German, just to read what he has to say there, that'll be a good motivation. Thanks again for all the info.

Not very often, but suddenly they once were there when the German version of the Realms Of Arcania games were re-released and polished up a bit one or two years ago.
Since I'm not a regular member there, I saw that only very late.

Looks really good….

I'd say exactly the reverse, there isn't a single touch of fantasy, it's awfully flat, unimaginative and with zero style in any design, places, buildings, NPC. Not that it's very important but put so much money in graphics to get such result, what a waste.

I'd say exactly the reverse, there isn't a single touch of fantasy, it's awfully flat, unimaginative and with zero style in any design, places, buildings, NPC. Not that it's very important but put so much money in graphics to get such result, what a waste.

And how do you know how much money they put into the graphics? Afaik, this isn't a AAA title nor is it supposed to compete with games on that level visually. I think it looks quite good for what it is.

I agree with JDR13 on that. It was never intended to be an AAA title - and I don't believe that the developers would be able to do that, actually.

Plus, there might be different definition of what's called "Fantasy" style. The Drakensang didn't look too much like "Fantasy" to me, either. They were "low-fantasy", and depicted pretty normal Aventurian towns. Which, furthermore, are more or less based (at least in that area) on German buildings and architecture - what you can see if you look out for survived medieval houses from Germany.

I think the visuals are on par with the standards of the original trilogy, quite good but not overwhelming the system which is the real star of the gameplay. Hope they'll also stay true to the original on that aspect.

In the initial news here: http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19360
they mentioned Q2 2013. And since that was only a couple of months ago I don't think it's later than Q3 2013 for now, but there wasn't an official update as far as I know.
Wouldn't surprise me though if they just say one day "Hey guys, we are ready and you can buy it now!"

Some info from the Facebook page:

Rules: The old DSA 3.0 rules of the original games will be used (current version is 4.1) - a few enhancements of 4.1 are integrated in the game.

They were already #1 in Action Adventures Charts at Amazon.de (current rank: 4)

You can see the equipped weapon in combat, but not the rest of the gear (maybe this will be enhanced in later versions).

Old enhancements from Shadows over Riva and Star Trail will be ingrated in Blade of Destiny HD.

They plan to enhance the game in general after release (new content, updates etc. on a regular basis)!

All 3 original games are planned for a HD release.

A closed beta is already in test since 12-June-2013.

Minimal requirements:
Windows XP, Vista, 7 oder 8, Intel Core2Duo /
AMD X2 CPU or better, min. 2.4 GHZ, 2GB RAM, Geforce
240GT / AMD 3700 or better, min. 256MB VRAM, Mouse,
Keyboard, Sound

Uh, DLCs ? *worried*

looks good, definite buy for me.

They do need either a new computer or better optimization though, with all the stuttering it was hard to watch. I can't stand stutter.

Is this game going to get an English release?

printed manual for 30€? Blackguards will only be a few bucks more. Do not want.

Thank you very much. :)

Back
Top Bottom