Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
You actually mention two separate things.

The session duration is set to 20 minutes at the moment. If you are inactive during that period of timet your session expires. This is also used for the Who's online at the front page. It needs to be set at something. A very long time is not practical as the "who's online" will be incorrect and quite large.
An expired session requires you to login again, which can be automatic.

If you need to manually login again, you either don't allow cookies and/or you haven't enabled the automatic login option. If you do both, you will be automatically logged into the forums.

Is it because I have script blocker?
And I don't think that it takes me 20 minutes to write a few paragraphs...
I pretty sure I've set everything to allow for this place.
I'll go check my settings again just in case.

Let's have a yellow thumbs up. Please?

Thanks for tossing the stats on the right side.

lol I just noticed that there was a thumbs up now…
Didn't it all day and thought that the new like bs had been thrown in the bin.

It looks like a Facebook like though…

Why can't we have one like we have when we post a reply???

Last edited:
Is it because I have script blocker?
And I don't think that it takes me 20 minutes to write a few paragraphs…
I pretty sure I've set everything to allow for this place.
I'll go check my settings again just in case.
The session duration is set to 1200 seconds, which is 20 minutes. The session timer is reset every time you actively do something on the site, like opening a new page.
A session is maintained server side based on your IP address, so you blocking anything should not matter. It does matter if your ISP is changing your IP address, that would be seen as a new session.
But then there are also cookies, they will log you in automatically when enabled, even if an IP change happens. If you block that, it will not do that obviously.

I like the +1 option, so good work :)

I dont get why not more forum uses it, it should be standard by now. It has many good uses, people tend to get more helpful and no stupid "i totally agree with you, +1!" posts.

On the homepage, there's a Q&A article with Logic artists who made Expeditions : Conquistadors. It seems there's no way to comment on the article though.

Even pressing the comments (0) button just redirects to the homepage.

I remember that I wasn't prompted to generate a newsbit when I published the article.

That explains it. You approved it instead of publishing it :)

Fixed!

Is there a way to see a list of all unread posts ?
And then be able to mark them as read ?
1. In the menu at the top of the page: "FORUMS -> New Posts"
2. On the Forum Index page at the bottom: "Mark Forums Read"

1. I thought those only showed posts in the last 24 hours.
2. Any way to mark one thread read at a time ? (I knew about that one) The thing I do on Tap a Talk is to mark as read the ones I don't find interesting. Then when I have some more time, I read the ones I do want to read.

1. I thought those only showed posts in the last 24 hours.
That's only if you're logged out. If you're logged in, they show everything unread from the beginning of time.

2. Any way to mark one thread read at a time ?
Not that I'm aware of, but there's an addon for that I think. I might try it later.

That's only if you're logged out. If you're logged in, they show everything unread from the beginning of time.

Anyway to change that so it keeps all unread ones ?

Not that I'm aware of, but there's an addon for that I think. I might try it later.

Okay. :)

Thanks for your help arhu.

Anyway to change that so it keeps all unread ones ?
Well, it does keep all unread ones. You only need to be logged in for it to work like that. As long as you don't read them, they stay unread and the link always shows all threads with unread posts in them, so I think it does what you want it to do.

Well, it does keep all unread ones. You only need to be logged in for it to work like that. As long as you don't read them, they stay unread and the link always shows all threads with unread posts in them, so I think it does what you want it to do.

Well, I guess I'll have to live with it. It's not too bad.

But the thing is I don't always stay logged in, and I log in through different devices.

Tapatalk keeps it even through my different devices and whether or not I log in or out.

Is it possible to exclude the Politics, Religion & other Controversies topics from the Forum Watch box on the main page?

This once interesting subforum has become a bullshit subforum lately with creepy topics.
IMHO these topics have nothing to do with RPGWatch and are not worthy to be shown on the main page. These kind of topics will just turn off first time (CRPG) visitors and attract only more lunatics.

I completely agree with Hiddenx, but I think it's time we closed that sub-forum down. It has turned into a garbage dumping ground, and serves no purpose on an RPG site.

Unfortunately this is not my decision to make.:brood:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom