Steam - Summer Sale Starts

I bought four games already. Encased, Desolate, Escape the Pacific, and Home Behind. The latter is kind of an outlier. The rest are survival games of varying degrees.

I will try to resist buying games…

Must resist.

Backlog too long.

Games in progress too long.

Resistance is futile!

Embrace!

I will try to resist buying games…

Must resist.

Backlog too long.

Games in progress too long.
If you buy them without playing them you still help the industry. See it as a donation. So, if you can afford the games, you don't need to fight against the urge...

I try to buy EA games that get frequent updates over a long period of time. Those games are generally worth backing even if they don't ever completely leave Early Access.

For instance, 7 Days to Die has been in EA since 2013, but I've dumped over 1000 hours in the mega Zombie survival game. Same with Road to Eden and SCUM. Those have been updated a ton over the years.

Another game that I bought EA was Valheim and they really haven't released a single true update yet. Just some tiny tweaks.

So far I got :

Shieldwall Chronicles
Donjon de Naheulbak
Gaia Beyond
Hand of Merlin

They all had been sitting on my wishlist for a while, waiting for a sale :)

I bought four games already. Encased, Desolate, Escape the Pacific, and Home Behind. The latter is kind of an outlier. The rest are survival games of varying degrees.

I was checking out Desolate yesterday. Have you tried it yet? It looks interesting, but some of the reviews are holding me back.

I only looked at the Home Behind game so far. It was uninteresting, but like 99¢ or something. I won't even bother to refund it at that price. I'll probably check out Escape the Pacific and Desolate this weekend. I'll let you know what I think, natch.

I went ahead and grabbed a copy. Let's compare notes on Monday. ;)

I already played the prologue which is really short and acts as the tutorial. It's got a janky, low-budget look and feel, but the setting seems kind of neat so far.

I refunded it. It's okay but I'm not too big on the combat of this one and I generally don't like psychological games. I just wanted to try it for a bit and see if it had enough crafting to keep my interest, but it was low crafting for the most part.

I found Desolate to be fairly average as far as open world horror survival goes. The usual clunky combat, etc., but without the other features that keep something like 7 Days to Die interesting. I kept it for co-op reasons, though (I somehow got two keys - one from a Humble Bundle, not sure where I got the other from.)

I just realized Saki and Purple have left. Take a vacation and things change.

nothing to buy and even if there was i woudn't buy it on steam...

I found Desolate to be fairly average as far as open world horror survival goes. The usual clunky combat, etc., but without the other features that keep something like 7 Days to Die interesting. I kept it for co-op reasons, though (I somehow got two keys - one from a Humble Bundle, not sure where I got the other from.)

I haven't really dove into it yet, but yeah, it does seem pretty average. I like the atmosphere, but the visuals and gameplay are very derivative of other games. It's obvious that STALKER and Bioshock were big influences.

I prefer games like Desolate over stuff like 7DtD though for the same reason you and crpgnut prefer the opposite. I like crafting in games but not when I have to build bases and defend them. I like to constantly be on the move and exploring the map.

Yeah Dolby, I'm pretty much the same. If I do see something appealing, I'll try to get it via GoG before thinking about acquiring it on steam. I'll use the platform, yet it still irks me in some primal way.

Back
Top Bottom