King's Bounty: Armored Princess - Screens @ Worthplaying

http://www.worthplaying.com/kiwi_popup.php?img=press/313/KingsBounty_Princess_052.jpg
Does that happen to you when immersing yourself into a movie where woman is in a leading role? Just wondering.

Mostly, but that might just be because most movies with a lady in the leading role are boring anyway. Silence of the Lambs being the first big exception that comes to mind. Even the good movies it's more just watching a movie than it is identifying with the character.

I've notice your usually forced to play a male character in games but then again many lady gamers I've talked to in the past usually prefer playing female characters but don't get as hung up on the gender difference as many male gamers do. Different viewpoints on a game probably, women want to see the relationships between the characters whether they be male or female, men just want their character to grow in power and smash things.

Som known computer games comic made a good one about women always wearing iron thongs in crpgs. Cant remember the name though.

There's a book, an anthology of short stories, out there: "Chicks in Chainmail".

There were two following books of it.

Mostly, but that might just be because most movies with a lady in the leading role are boring anyway. Silence of the Lambs being the first big exception that comes to mind. Even the good movies it's more just watching a movie than it is identifying with the character.

I've notice your usually forced to play a male character in games but then again many lady gamers I've talked to in the past usually prefer playing female characters but don't get as hung up on the gender difference as many male gamers do. Different viewpoints on a game probably, women want to see the relationships between the characters whether they be male or female, men just want their character to grow in power and smash things.

You mean a woman could not grow in power and smash things ?

if the man does not care about the relationships between characters, why would he care about playing a woman???

is this male logic ???

if the man does not care about the relationships between characters, why would he care about playing a woman???

is this male logic ???

LOL no, it's LuckyCarbon's logic, don't put me in there.

You mean a woman could not grow in power and smash things ??

I think, although I'm not sure, that might and power are themes in male sub-society, so to say.

I think, everything's about power.

(I've read the book "Why men are the way they are" by a warren Farrell in the mid-80s, and it heavily influenced me. It's about power, too.)

A woman which has real power is an interesting character (in art & media) or person (in real life), because she's in a fiels that's normally a battlefield of men among (and against one another) men.

It's a bit like ... As if a woman was a mechanic. A profession that is almost exclusively male-dominated.

I don't know whether female readers do actually get it: Because women, I have the feeling, aren't about power the way men are. I assume - although I'm not sure - that power is less important to women, or at least differently important.

A woman which has real power is a bit like ... As if there was a man coming into an almost exclusively female-dominated profession, and he was better in it than all other women in that field.

Men struggle for power because that's what they need to impress the world, to make an impact on people. Sort of.

A woman in the field of power is like ... as if someone way taking away the sense of living from a group of people. No, not exactly, but it goes into that direction. It's a bit as if ... there was a male "super-nanny" out there.

Okay, bad example again. I'm just not able to illustrate clearly what I mean, because it's so subtle and so complicated, imho.

Well, and women who have real power - no matter whether imaginary or real - are interesting to men, because they manage to do something extraordinary: Adopt to an alien world.

I should note that I was very tired as I wrote this.

is this male logic ???

You've been watching too much She-Ra and Zena if you when you picture a hulking brute of a warrior you think of a female. Personally I think Conan, not many traditionally feminine qualities there.

Of course some women are giants who can smash things but I try not to think about those women at all, let along try to identify with one. I guess I'm too old, I still picture men as masculine and my women as feminine.

My identification with my digital avatar is not a relationship. A relationship is two way interaction between independently thinking entities. My digital avatar in a computer game is a (fictional) representation of me.

hahahha, gawd how did you know I love Xena, talk about a strong woman. But you could also see that these days, female's are in boxing, wrestling, weight lifting, karate, judo, you name it, and most men would get their asses handed to them in a fight with these women...................

Yeah. Meanwhile men still find it lame to dive into "typical" women's professions ...

Back
Top Bottom