VtM-Bloodlines - Unofficial v5.04AT Patch @ GamersHell

magerette

Hedgewitch
Gamer'sHell has posted an unofficial patch for Troika's Vampire:The Maqurade-Bloodlines along with this information:
Patch v1.2 is required if you have the retail version of the game
This is a repair patch for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, intended to do nothing but fix bugs that were still present within the game, following its release. This patch will not change any other aspects of the original VTMB, other than to restore any broken (but intended by Troika) content that the official patch from ActiVision failed to repair. Thanks: Steven.
More information.

I think i'm gonna replay this game with this "true" patch installed
sometime soon.

Seems great. Really great. Loved bloodlines, of course :D

Thanks, Dark Savant. I couldn't spot any info on it elsewhere and there's no attribution, so it's good to have your backup. The file size on the one at GH is only 52.35 mb whereas the file at your listed site is shown as 53.6 so they may be different.

This new version contains a couple of script repairs:

Important Update: HOTFIX #1

Acrimonious has sent me a couple of script repairs. Neither of them is game-breaking, but they are significant.

The version of patch 5.04AT that is currently on our server has been updated with these two repaired scripts.
I suggest downloading a new copy of the True Patch from our Downloads page, and then re-installing it on top
of your current True Patch installation. So long as you have already been using our patch, you will not need to
re-install the entire game, or do anything drastic like that. Just drop a new copy right on top of the old one.

As previosuly stated, this is basically a small hotfix. It's just a couple of scripts that contained previously
undiscovered errors. Both scripts have been repaired and patch 5.04AT has been updated accordingly.

The direct link to the hotfixed patch is:
http://www.tessmage.com/downloads/True_VTMB_504AT.zip

Hard to believe RPGWatch is supporting this patch, these are the guys whom stole the Unofficial Patch works used it as if they had done the work.

Now they are stealing the name and using an almost identical numbering scheme, to undermine the work of the Bloodlines community that has worked on the Unofficial Patch since release of the game.

Not sure I see the difference between this and if a reviewer here copied someone else's review then posted it here has their own.
Very sad. :(

I understand and am not blaming magerette, if I gave the impression I was blaming magerette, then I worded it poorly. :(
It's not her fault at all, he and his little minions, misrepresent it to many websites and the clear intent is to confuse, all we fans can do is try to point out the facts.

As she might not even be aware of blatant theft of work published as his own, self aggrandizing and clear intent to harm the Vampire community, many who has worked to fix Bloodlines for 3 years, in November.

He is now trying to usurp the name "Unofficial" and numerical scheme used, to give the false and lying impression his patch is the Unofficial with a higher value than the Unofficial patch.

He has even taken to adding very minor things like a texture fix and adding his personal nude skins (as if that was intended) then passing it off as a new version of the patch to he can keep ahead of the Unofficial patch, numerically.

I would say, as a guess since he has started this BS, Wesp in an effort to be accurate while holding him and his little cohorts accountable for stealing our (the communities) work has had to devote 40% to 50% of his time dealing with this BS instead of working on the patch.

The imminent release of Unofficial 4.3 would have made such a nice 3 year celebration, alas I can only hope Wesp holds off on release now, for a couple of weeks.

I thought he shut down his website, with some offended statement on the frontpage, complaining about lack of support against his critics? Now it's open again. Strange thing...

Don't see a problem in this patch, only in that discussions around. Me thinks that this is really annoying.

I was concerned about this when I posted it as Gamer's Hell had no author for the patch, but thought since it offered a bug fix without a content change, it might be of value. I apologize if I promoted a patch with a bad provenance.

I know how hard fan communities work to produce things like this and it must be very frustrating to deal with. My apologies if I've done wrong here.

Last edited:
The whole business with the VtMB bloodlines is extremely messy. Having said that however, this is PROBABLY the superior patch. The accusations of being "stolen" are NOT valid and haven't been valid in ages as it was rebuilt from SCRATCH (i.e. the v 1.2 version).

While one of the contributors designs certain reskin mods, but they ARE NOT part of this patch.

Long story short: it's a smaller patch than the alternative, with fewer dramatic changes to the game. For those who still play it they should give it a try. If not no loss...

@magerette, you haven't done the wrong thing at all. The correct thing is to post the news and let the community decide for themselves what they like - this is, and always should be, our basic philosophy. That said, since I understood the site had been taken down (hadn't checked back lately) and never liked the approach this group took, I didn't bother posting about this version.

Absolutely no problem.

@Acleacius - You are sooo wrong.
This patch is superior even to Wesp's basic installation. Wesp's patch is NOT a patch. It`s clearly a huge modification to the game. It is a great mod, but it`s surely not a patch for purists and he released this basic installation after the release of the "true" patch.
Nobody steal any work from Wesp. Actually Wesp continue with his patch after Dan Upright finished with his work.
I agree, Tessera is an idiot, but he has basically nothing to do with this "true" patch
Acrimonious is the man and he is a really decent guy.

Didn't Wesp make a "basic" version of his patch as well?

Edit: Looks like it.

Amazing some people still bother patching this SP game so many years after its release. Played it a couple ago and found it fairly decent... but not up to point to replay it entirely just to see some bug corrections.

Nobody steal any work from Wesp. Actually Wesp continue with his patch after Dan Upright finished with his work.
I agree, Tessera is an idiot, but he has basically nothing to do with this "true" patch
Acrimonious is the man and he is a really decent guy.

So prior versions of the "true patch" weren't based on Dan's/Wesp's work without proper credit in the readme?

I appreciate Acrimonious did the real work (again, originally based on Wesps/Dans work) but I've never seen anything from him, so if you let Tessera represent you, what other impression are we supposed to get?

magerette, my apologizes if you felt I was blaming you, clearly I am a linguistic idiot. :)

Vesuvius
Having said that however, this is PROBABLY the superior patch
Probably? Superior? Opinion without verifiable examples, i.e. facts?

The accusations of being "stolen" are NOT valid and haven't been valid in ages as it was rebuilt from SCRATCH (i.e. the v 1.2 version).
So once you plagiarize the work of the community for your own ego and exploitation, you are forgiven without the megerist of apologizes and with absolutely no sign of remorse?
All he did was POSSIBLY remove the FACT that he published as his own, OUR WORK but he has and is currently damaging the community with his continued arrogance, by STEALING the name of Unofficial and the numerical sequence of the Unofficial patch.
Releasing patches without significant improvements just to falsely increase the the numerical value to seem higher than the Unofficial patch, with the INTENT to mislead.

Dark Savant
You are sooo wrong.
This patch is superior even to Wesp's basic installation. Wesp's patch is NOT a patch.
Really? Got any thing we can verify LIKE the examples I list?

Nobody steal any work from Wesp.
Oh really, if that's true how is it, everyone seems to know this as a fact, except maybe you?

Actually Wesp continue with his patch after Dan Upright finished with his work.
Yes, that's correct for about 2.5 years now, I started helping DanUpright with the original Game Breaking bug at Leopold at Dilapidation, though I don't see why this matters.

I agree, Tessera is an idiot, but he has basically nothing to do with this "true" patch Acrimonious is the man and he is a really decent guy.
I don't know either but it's clear they are trying to currently steal the Unofficial name and Numerical System that has been in place for 3 YEARS, in the attempt to mislead, there is absolutely no other possible reason.

He sure did after this "true" patch form the camp
Do you see the size of the Unofficial patch, since it seems you haven't been keeping up, over the development time there has been talk of adding a basic patch for more than a year.
Of course after someone steals your work and passes it off as their own, seems to make sense to release the basic patch, whether it adds another 50 meg or not.

Anytime you would like to present some evidence to the situation that would be great to hear.

Ok, I don`t know about you. I have been replaying Bloodlines with virtually all new releases from both camps. Wesp's complete unofficial "patch" is an extensive modification of the game. This is THE FACT. You don`t need any evidence, just look at the readme file and play the game.

Yes, there is some stupid game around numerical system and all that but who cares. If I want to play the game without any arbitrary changes, true to Troika's original vision (or a least a close as possible) - "true" patch is the one to install.

I think it is great to have options, don`t you. If you wish to play the game without any significant modification use "true" patch, if you want a bit different experience then use Wesp's patch. Both are great imho.
And talking about a basic patch for more than a year and actually making one is a bit different think, don`t you think so.:) Wesp was mentioned in the first release of the "true" patch. Maybe not properly credited, but certainly
mentioned. I just have to look if I have a backup copy of the first release to verify this.

Back
Top Bottom