On the twelfth day 'til Bioshock my true love gave to me...

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq
"A collecters edition from gamestop, paid in fee"

Many people celebrate (even christians) the 12 days of christmas before christmas even though they are suppose to be after (marketing just doesn't work the same after christmas;)). So because this is a countdown i'll start at 12 days counting down to one, but that also means the numbers will be in reverse. Oh well I'm excited now that I preordered it and enjoying this sillyness. Feel free to add an "11 days 'til" tommorow with 2 items of cleverness.

I saw Bioshock in my local EB in the coming soon section. I'm not sure if it was the CE or what, but the price tag was $109.95 :-/ The XBOX version was $129.95 !!

The normalish price for a PC game in Aus is more like $89.95. I might wait until this coems down a bit before looking at it. It does sound cool, but it's still only an FPS at its core. Hopefully a patch for Beyond the Sword will come out soon so that can keep me occupied until MotB and The Witcher come out.

Ha, no-way I pay over $100 for an FPS!! Check online, I buy most of my games that way and they're usually cheaper than EB. Give this a try for a local place, or check out any number of overseas ones; even Amazon ship here now!!

That is a much more reasonable price, thanks for the tips. I'm not at the 'I want this game yesterday!!11!1' stage with Bioshock, so I'll probably wait to see how it goes down with the general public, and more specifically the RPG-playing public. I have to admit that after NWN2, a game where I make choices by doing rather than in dialouges would be refreshing. Replaying Deus Ex has me wanting some good old emergent 'figure it out however you like' style gameplay so I'll likely buy this at some point.

I've seen a couple of review scores 10 in some XBOX mag, and 95 in PC Gamer. The conclusion to the PC Gamer Review: "I spend my career, and my gaming life, waiting for a moment when a game just astonishes me, when I just can't believe what I'm doing, what I'm seeing. Bioshock has five."

Well this game seems to be the second coming of christ. It completes all the goals of computer gaming apparently. I guess we can all go home. The quest for the perfect game is complete. Or is it?

Last edited:
wow, CU is pretty stoked for this one ='.'=

I certainly hope that youre curiously pleased, and I'm sure that we will get a full update, probably before it's even out of the package!

yes i can't recall ever being this stoked for a game. its a shame i had to use up all my sick time last week. guess i'll just be walking into work half asleep...ahh its been a while.

and...
"On the eleventh day 'til bioshock my true love gave to me"
2 developers now named 2k-
and a collecters edition from gamestop, paid in fee

I guess I better hurry up on my replays of System Shock 1&2. I want to finish both games before I play Bioshock.

I'm still in the first 1\4 of SS1! :wall:

Yeah, but that's the toughest quarter!! :) Think level 3 invisibles!!

and...
"On the tenth day 'til bioshock my true love gave to me"
3 'shocks' a rockin'

I had a closer look at EB, checked out the website. It turns out those prices were for the CE. The regular is just the standard $90. It seems you can get $20 discount if you preorder it (and pay $20) now. Based on the incredible reactions the game is getting from everyone who's played it so far, that's probably a good deal.

I guess I better hurry up on my replays of System Shock 1&2. I want to finish both games before I play Bioshock.

I'm still in the first 1\4 of SS1! :wall:

Must resist temptation..no no Im not gonna replay them through!?! I even deleted the mods to make sure that wont happen. Allthough..I can always redownload them. I never finished ss2. Bioshock collector's edition is 53€ here.

Last edited:
I'm all over this one as well, being that FPS and RPG are my fave genres! But there is a part of me that thinks that our local Circuit City will have it for $12 off (total $37.99 rather than $50) in the 2nd week of release ... so I dunno ... dunno if I can hold off for that week ;)

Must resist temptation..no no Im not gonna replay them through!?! I even deleted the mods to make sure that wont happen. Allthough..I can always redownload them. I never finished ss2. Bioshock collector's edition is 53€ here.

What?!? You've never finished SS2? Great game with a great ending to the series, you must finish it some day if you're truly a SS fan.

The xbox360 demo of bioshock sounds a bit dissapointing. Its like a glorified tunnelrun from place A to place B where you simply run forward while shooting at baddies that try to block the only road. Hopefully its just a demo and the final game will be more open like ultima underworld and system shock series.

What?!? You've never finished SS2? Great game with a great ending to the series, you must finish it some day if you're truly a SS fan.

I played it pretty far with co-op and I think that kinda ruined it. It was too easy and non-immersive. The first game I finished 1.5 times (solo naturally) and that was like ages ago. I havent played the CDROM version though which they say is much improved.

Edit:

The devs have said in the past that the beginning area is a tunnelrun but it opens up later on. Since the demo is the beginning of the game, I'm guessing it doesn't incorporate the city area.

Last edited:
and...
"On the ninth day 'til bioshock my true love gave to me"
4 years of development
3 'shocks' a rockin'

hmm no help ah well

"On the eighth day 'til bioshock my true love gave to me"
5 barreled weapons (perhaps)
4 years of development
3 'shocks' a rockin'

by the way has anyone else seen the perks on the bioshock cult of rapture page. though shirts and hypodermic pens are pretty sweet. i wonder if there are any left.

shirt
http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/features/perks/leftover.jpg
pens
http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/features/perks/pen.jpg

They certainly seem to be gushing like mad over the demo at QT3 (most of them, anyway). There have been a lot of 'OMG TOM YOU WERE RIGHT!!!'s. I think I'll still wait to see what some RPG fans think of the game though. I'm stuck between thinking it's just an FPS, although perhaps one of the best FPS ever, and thinking it might be something 'more', like DX or SS.

Eitherway, I'll probably buy it for the atmosphere, setting and story. The idea of a failed objectivist paradise, retro-futuristic, post-apoccalyptic, sunken city to explore; populated with crazy beings who all used to be human does sound interesting. I need something to tide me over the next couple of months until MotB and The Witcher come out. NWN2 is doing a good job, I've found I really enjoy the combat in the game now, so I'm quite happy to play through the first chapter endlesly with different classes and skill-sets etc. I usually discover something new that can happen each time I get to the trial. All the little things you can do, or not do seem to have some sort of affect on who shows up at the trial to give evidence for or against you. A couple that I discovered with my last play-through as a chaotic-neutral who went the theives path were downright hillarious.

Back
Top Bottom