Age of Decadence - News Catchup

Much as I'd rather play it sooner than later, the decision to take the time to polish the game is a wise one - and good art design can definitely increase the enjoyment of a game. It's not like there are any sales to lose by delaying it - this isn't a cutting-edge graphical extravaganza that needs to be released before the rest of the market catches up and every little improvement might mean another player who decides to stick with it rather than giving up because they think it's ugly, or they don't like the interface or whatever.

Much as I'd rather play it sooner than later, the decision to take the time to polish the game is a wise one - and good art design can definitely increase the enjoyment of a game. It's not like there are any sales to lose by delaying it - this isn't a cutting-edge graphical extravaganza that needs to be released before the rest of the market catches up and every little improvement might mean another player who decides to stick with it rather than giving up because they think it's ugly, or they don't like the interface or whatever.

I agree. I've been looking forward to AoD pretty much since the game was announced and if Iron Tower want to take more time to refine the art assets and direction, that can only be a good thing. Indie games are at a huge disadvantage, unfortunately, and exactly as Dhruin points out, if an improved look can keep someone with it to get to the heart of what makes the gameplay and design philosophy great, all the better.

Definitely, whenever you mention Indie RPG's, the usual first comment is about their 'crap' graphics. Anything done to improve that will help them sell.

Nice detail and textures.

Wow, is that under the new art asset direction? It's definately a nice shot, the textures and detail are surprisingly intricate for an indie game. Can't wait to see the rest of the AoD world!

Back
Top Bottom