Avadon - Joins Humble Bundle, Android Compatible

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Spiderweb is getting downright trendy with Avadon now available in the latest Humble Bundle. If you aren't familiar with the concept, this is a pay-what-you-want scheme with that gets you five indie games and a percentage goes to charity. This is a cross-platform bundle, offering Mac, Windows, and Linux versions of each game:
Five games—never-before-seen on Android—for your phones and tablets. We're bringing the hottest mobile entertainment to your Android devices. Pay-what-you-want to get Zen Bound 2, Canabalt, Cogs, and Avadon: The Black Fortress (tablets only). And if you pay more than the average price, you'll also get the vibrant, side-scrolling strategy game Swords & Soldiers.
More information.

Holy crap! I had no idea this was coming in spite of testing for Jeff on everything else! Awesome. Funny thing was I had already bought it before I actually read the list ... and I did a 'what the ...' double take! Downloading now. Will be interesting to see how it works on 7" compared to 10" screen.

Jeff mentioned on his blog that he outsourced the port, which I guess is why we never heard.

Well, I have it on both of my Android tablets (Tab 10.1 and Kindle Fire, as well as HTC Flyer) , and it runs pretty well. Not perfect, definitely not as smooth as the iPad (any version), but if you are looking for a solid RPG on Android - you will be thrilled!

How would I make this run on my kindle fire?
Just wondering, is it like any other app?

Yes - it is just another app. Once purchased, the best route is to enter the link they gave you on purchase, download the Humble Bundle app, then click install in the app. Most people are seeing a 'might not work' message, but a second tap will install anyway. From there everything works fine.

Jeff confirmed that it should work on anything 1024 x 600 or larger, and I only played the first bit but it works fine for me.

Also, make no mistake - whether or not he ever does this again depends on what happens now.

Was surprised too. More so as it runs on my Galaxy Note. I wish he would have build in a zoom (through pinch) option, though.

Was surprised too. More so as it runs on my Galaxy Note. I wish he would have build in a zoom (through pinch) option, though.

That is part of the reason for the 'tablet' requirement - if you were playing on a proper tablet you wouldn't even think that. I really think 7" is pushing it for the game.

So am I understanding this correctly in that all the games in this bundle will work on Windows, Mac, Linux or Android?

So could I buy it and say play Cogs on my phone, but Avadon on my PC?

So am I understanding this correctly in that all the games in this bundle will work on Windows, Mac, Linux or Android?

So could I buy it and say play Cogs on my phone, but Avadon on my PC?

That is correct - Steam keys for some, downloads for others ... it is really a great deal.

Oh wow; i wonder if it will work on my asus tablet. I should definitely give this a try in a few days. I wish we could register these bundles on google market to make market download/updates easier.

Oh wow; i wonder if it will work on my asus tablet. I should definitely give this a try in a few days. I wish we could register these bundles on google market to make market download/updates easier.

Normally all HIBs have a FAQ page with support info. About the Android bundles (this is the 2nd one) there is a specific page with the supported Android models.
http://support.humblebundle.com/

Too bad I don't own an Android tablet. I've not been too impressed at the models released so far. I'm cautiously optimistic about the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity might change that.

Will any of these run on my iPhone? I didn't see an IPhone app on the download page…

Surprisingly they haven't figured a way to do it yet ... I think it is the code/gift method limitations.

How about the sole syncing method with iTunes. Shouldn't there be a different way to tell iTunes to include an app for your iPhone or put in on your iPhone?

How about the sole syncing method with iTunes. Shouldn't there be a different way to tell iTunes to include an app for your iPhone or put in on your iPhone?

They could also 'gift' them, which I have seen done for small groups of Mac App Store apps and individual iTunes apps. Of course, most of these apps - including Avadon - just sell like crazy on iOS and make actual money. Which is how most devs would prefer to go.

I wonder what will happen if Jeff sells 10x more copies on this, but makes 10x less than on the iPad ... ?

Back
Top Bottom