Balrum - Game Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
According to the developers of Balrum the planned kickstarter is being pushed back due to the ideas and suggestions on forums and the internet.

Hi everyone!

In the past few days a lot of things happened to us. We received lots of comments, and we like to thank those who helped us with constructive comments! A special thanks to those of you who are actively trying to help us with your ideas and suggestions on our forums! In the past week we realised that we probably made a mistake. The mistake was that, that we kept the project to ourselves for too long! Seeing the great ideas on our forums made us rethink things. We are going to start the kickstarter campaign a few months after we originally planned! We would like to start the campaign knowing, that we tried to put everything that our community wants in the game! So we humbly ask you to join us in creating an indie RPG! Anyone who has ideas/suggestions feel free to post it on our forums!

We plan on creating polls that will decide if a feature or idea will be a part of the game.

We think that this was a necessary step in creating a game that not only we love, but you guys too!
icon_smile.gif

See you at the forums!
More information.

I hope this means they are considering making it a party game. Especially since the artwork and other aspects of the game already look impressive. Real time movement, turn based tactical combat! And if, in their maps, it was feasible to do that seamlessly without needing to switch into a separate combat mini map that would be ideal. Taking on board some of the ideas in the new XCOM EU (2 part turns etc) and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes (swarm etc) could make for a great combat system.

I hope this means they are considering making it a party game. Especially since the artwork and other aspects of the game already look impressive. Real time movement, turn based tactical combat! And if, in their maps, it was feasible to do that seamlessly without needing to switch into a separate combat mini map that would be ideal. Taking on board some of the ideas in the new XCOM EU (2 part turns etc) and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes (swarm etc) could make for a great combat system.

I hope so too. I can't even think of any turn-based games with only a single playable character; Fallout 1 &2 start out that way, but you recruit NPCs. Hard to do tactical combat when you have no allies.

I hope so too. I can't even think of any turn-based games with only a single playable character; Fallout 1 &2 start out that way, but you recruit NPCs. Hard to do tactical combat when you have no allies.

Age of Decadence will also have single player TB combat, only in some fights will you have (AI controlled) allies. It is quite tactical actually, try the demo. In general, however I agree - TB combat tends to be more interesting with a party.

Back
Top Bottom